Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

System UTC is off 1 h

Hi everybody! I have a problem with my FS clock. The area of my residence in Germany is GMT+1, as it is set in my PC system calendar and clock. But the two FS clocks are 2 hours apart, in EDDF for example the GMT is always +2h. I've tried FS RealTime, but

Your (default) flight was saved prior to the switch in daylight savings time. Save a new default flight with the current date and everything should synch up - remember to do the same when the time changes in the fall!Best,sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

This is correct, as Germany is currently observing Central European Summer Time (GMT+2). The same goes for Britain (BST = GMT+1). In North America, Daylight Savings Time is observed in most areas, so you'll find that the current time in New York is GMT-4. Cheers,Gosta. http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply, but it didn't do the trick. I've saved new default flights several times since then. The two clocks are still 2 hours apart. FS Real Time gives me the wrong system UTC. Isn't that where FS gets its GMT time from?

No, not all the world switches to summer time, and those that do may do so at different times, for example, in the autumn, Eurpoe turns back the clocks before Britain, so for a week or two in October, Britain and Western Eurpoe are in the same time zone (GMT+1). Other countries don't change at all, it would make little sense for countries near the equator, as days are more or less the same length all year round. And the Southern hemisphere would have to changein the opposite direction, i.e. when the Northern hemisphere changes back in autumn, they'd have to go forward, as it's now spring there.So, to ease confusion, GMT always stays the same. The changes would be listed for individual countries (for example Germany is GMT+1, and GMT+2 from April to October)Cheers,Gosta.http://www.hifisim.com/images/as2betateam.jpg

Correct, UTC never changes. Since UTC is neutral and valid for the whole world and not only for the "few" countris on the northern hemisphere, where we currently have daylight saving time, it would not make sense to have an "UTC daylight saving time". Wolfgang