Sign in to follow this  
fsxkitty

Campaign to bring back the FS series

Are you sure? Is not better in your opinion to support P3D instead of MS?

IMHO:

1) MS never took care of our suggestions before release of Flight, released Flight knowing that FS community would not appreciate it.

2) MS was completely uninterested in our proposals for a better upgrade of an historical franchise as FS is.

That was a shame! The future, for me, is P3D 2.0

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

You don't seriously think MS is interested in working on a flight sim right now...? MS doesn't listen to their customers: they only look at spreadsheets. The entire Flight project wasn't exactly a glowing example of how to communicate and listen to your customers.

Now that Flight has been cancelled, I believe that now is a good time to try and persuade MS to continue the FS series and convince them that they will have lots of customers.

Here's a FB page: https://www.facebook...ngbackfs?ref=hl

I gladly donated my "like" to the cause. I'd love to believe there's a chance of it doing some good but i haven't been able to find anything to read on the subject that I'm able to interpret as encouraging.

It's sad, something like 30 years ago MS Flight Simulator 2.0 provided me with countless hours of entertainment and the opportunity to learn things while enjoying the gorgeous scenery provided by wireframe approximations of mountains rendered in just the most soothing phosphor green glow. I missed some of the versions between FS2.0 and FSX, but it's been such a cool ride to return to FS after not having kept current for a while and seeing the huge jumps in graphics quality delivered by the new release. So with FSX I thought I'd clearly seen the dangling carrot of truly photorealistic graphics and then... Sounds like the ride is over just when it seemed like we'd gotten to the best part. Oh well, I guess that's disturbingly often the way things work out. I suppose FSX probably has quite a few more years of life left in it especially considering a whole other world of add-ons and mods I haven't even started to explore yet. Maybe third party development will even be boosted. I would expect that lots of FS fans who were ready to pay the price of admission for FS11 represent a significant pool of money earmarked for FS that might make some third party developers pretty happy. RIP old friend, I've enjoyed the ride(s) we shared.

FSX still got years worth of improvements remaining and any future flight simulator is incremental improvements at this point. Started flight simulator back in the early 90s when my older brother traded games with kids in jr high and had it install FS 3.0 on 640k computer with floppy discs and 16 color montior. What got me back into Flight simulator was cost of driving out and about started cost way to much and like to explore places and see items. FSX is good enough for exploring still fly over MT Rushmore in FSX or explore the Grand Canyon or the Driftless Zone in Wisconsin. Technology for FSX and X-Plane today is beyond what I thought was possible in the mid 90s and early 00s. If MS does not develop another FS series not too worried FSX and X-Plane got legs to run on, and competition will fill the void if the demand is there.

I'm going to support, but only if they merge FSX and Flight together and make the roads seem... More 3D

The future lies with Prepar3D, FSX and XPlane Ten which I think has the most potential going forward. XPlane and Laminar Research are the best in flight dynamics. And that is where it is at. All Laminar needs to do is improve the colour and the scenery, and port over some of the advances from FSX such as ease of use and virtual world of which FSX is the King with ORBX, UK2000 , Aerosoft and all the airports and aircraft. Don

MS "Flight" development is at a full ground stop.

MS "Flight": is the eleventh Dirty Deed ... Done Dirt Cheap!

This outcome is exactly what I long suspected, and certainly comes as no surprise.

Any hopes pinned on future MS development or support for "Flight" are sheer lunacy. It's been proven with the previous dispatch of MS ACES FSX developers.

Learn from history . . .

Accept the EOL,

Get over it,

Forget about it, and

Move on!

If flight simming is to continue, I think its best to do it outside of Microsoft. Trust me on this one.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

If flight simming is to continue, I think its best to do it outside of Microsoft. Trust me on this one.

Mike,

At your site I see at least two great add-ons... If I had FSX I would promptly get it... Since I am moving to Xplane, after years criticizing that platform, but really willing to enjoy it and invest on it seriously, all I can ask is - please port those models to the Xplane World ;-)

And now for something completely different:

Great post at the Xplane forums here

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

How bout us make one? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that want X-Plane type scenery, but with a simpler menu to navigate around and better quality (HD quality) planes.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that want X-Plane type scenery

Are you sure about that...? I don't know many people that want that kind of 'believable' scenery. But apart from that: you just don't make a sim with a few guys from the forum... :wink: If it was that easy, somebody should have done it by now.

How bout us make one? I'm pretty sure there are a lot of people that want X-Plane type scenery, but with a simpler menu to navigate around and better quality (HD quality) planes.

Sure. Find an investor willing to drop 1.5 million and im there. I also know a lot of talented people who are looking for a job right now.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Are you sure about that...? I don't know many people that want that kind of 'believable' scenery. But apart from that: you just don't make a sim with a few guys from the forum... :wink: If it was that easy, somebody should have done it by now.

I was really wanted to only talk about the towns and the roads. That's all I want from the X-Plane part of it.

Sure. Find an investor willing to drop 1.5 million and im there. I also know a lot of talented people who are looking for a job right now.

Don't forget I'm not int the "working" industry I'm going to grade 10, so how am I supposed to find an investor???

Don't forget I'm not int the "working" industry I'm going to grade 10, so how am I supposed to find an investor???

Then dont make it sound so easy. Its a lot more complex then a few like-minded people getting together to build something.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer