Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Where Do You Want To See An Orbx FTX Region?

Norcal, surprised to see it pushed back so far.

How do you work that out? Different Teams for US and EU and South Alaska is already in development (?) ...so that makes it next?

I'd rather have seen the East Coast prioritised as that has NO regions yet, but the plan gives both within the next two years. We're all going to be flying somewhere till they arrive and some of us who've got "our Region" are wishing we'd had to wait longer for a better finish? B)

Geoff Brown

How do you work that out? Different Teams for US and EU and South Alaska is already in development (?) ...so that makes it next?

I'd rather have seen the East Coast prioritised as that has NO regions yet, but the plan gives both within the next two years. We're all going to be flying somewhere till they arrive and some of us who've got "our Region" are wishing we'd had to wait longer for a better finish? B)

East Coast US , give them a challenge.

Why Holland? Holland is very well covered with with one of most amazing freeware and many airports from Aerosoft. Duplicate of efforts.

You would think, there would be very high definition phototextures for all the mountain ranges of the world... but those are vastly neglected. The Himalayas, the Alps, The Andes.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I find it surprising when developers complain about regions being "less attractive" from SALES point of view compared to Europe or North America... :) Especially when they mention regions such as North Africa, Russia, or South America.

They have to double think before they claim such things considering that AVIATION is all about FREEDOM of flight... It reminds me of my post-graduation years when all my attempts to find a job were unsuccessful simply because the employers were interested to find an EXPERIENCED employee but failing to provide an OPPORTUNITY to candidate employees to GAIN such experience first. :)

Regards,

Victor Quebec

I find it surprising when developers complain about regions being "less attractive" from SALES point of view compared to Europe or North America... :) Especially when they mention regions such as North Africa, Russia, or South America.

They have to double think before they claim such things considering that AVIATION is all about FREEDOM of flight... It reminds me of my post-graduation years when all my attempts to find a job were unsuccessful simply because the employers were interested to find an EXPERIENCED employee but failing to provide an OPPORTUNITY to candidate employees to GAIN such experience first. :)

I agree Rustem.

I think the trouble is that many folks are obsessed with a recreation of "their own back yard"? It was the same with Train Simming. Everyone wanted the route and company that ran locally. To me the joy of any Simulator is that you can go and Drive a Train or Fly an aircraft anywhere. I guess some of us travel more than others so take a wider interest in these things but equally the sales figures must speak for themselves?

Having said that I'd never heard of the Marias Pass until they made Train Simulator and although I had always had the PNW on my "bucket list" I never realised how diverse the scenery was until ORBX did the region.

With Friends and relatives in Oz, South America, the US and Canada my enthusiasm is widespread ...indeed Worldwide!

Geoff Brown

The Southern Rockies Mountain region with Colorado is still my #1 wish for a new ORBX region. But with the upcoming release of ORBX Global, there are other parts of the world that have always interested me as flight destinations. Those regions are Africa, Russia and the Amazon River basin.

Although those regions won't look as amazing as PNW does, they will hopefully make flying over them much nicer to look at. I have flown to every country in Africa and it took a lot of imagination to put up with the default land class in FSX. I have never flown across Russia, but maybe after Global comes out, I will

I'm reeeaallly hoping they aim to cover Alaska entirely. It is like the quintessntial bush/GA locale, IMO.

JV announced FTX Norway (2014 release) here http://www.orbxsyste...orway-12-shots/

(screens in that thread are not FTX Norway previews but FTX Global)

Thanks for the "heads up". At first glance it all seems very impressive ......but then you get to looking closer. Does Norway have the same tiny field systems we still have in parts of the UK? .....and do they really run up the sides of mountains at 45 degrees?! It all looks very green too... but I've yet to check the location illustrated. Say Norway to most folk and their immediate word association is Fjords rather than rolling green hills.

The idea of a rolling programme seems good but it also seems somewhat at odds with (or even in parallel with?) still developing regions? Does this mean regions will be ven MORE detailed? If so, how so and what effect will that have on performance?

The game plans good ....but can the teams deliver what the fans are being sold?

As they say "seeing's believing", so till then it's smoke and mirrors?

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Well the shots in that thread are FTX Global and not the upcoming Norway region. With Global you'd have to pair it up with landclass and mesh files. But those are available and pretty good. As a Norwegian myself I find the textures and colors from JV's screens quite accurate for Norway, and a huge improvement from default.

I just thought the confirmation of a proper FTX Norway region would please alot of simmers judging by the quotes from this thread:

I'm gonna be selfish and say Scandinavia

Scandinavia if i had to choose.

Scandinavia

Scandinavia for sure.

Norway, Northern Alaska, Antilles/Caribbean, Central Africa, Argentina & Chile.

Norway!

1. Norway

2. Greece

3. Italy

NORWAY!

Norway would be amazing! I've been all over the world, and Norway is still the most beautiful country I've ever been to. Not to mention, Norway in the default FSX is not very good at all. It needs the FTX magic.

Give us some Europe, give us Scandinavia...)