Sign in to follow this  
MrBenevolent

ORBX NZ North Island released!

So I just received the following alert from the FlightSim store:

Dear Customer,

Te Ika-a-Maui

The North Island of New Zealand is also known as Te Ika-a-Maui, or "the fish of Maui", gaining this traditional Maori name from the story of the landmass’ formation. The North Island covers about 113,729 square kilometres comprising the smaller of the country’s two main islands. It’s also the 14th largest island in the world. The North Island spans ~830 km from the northern tip of Cape Reinga to Cape Palliser in the south west, and ~460 km from the Cape Egmont light house on the west coast to East Cape. The nation’s capital is Wellington. Commonly, referred to as ‘Windy Wellington’, the city is located on the Cook Strait in the latitudes of the Roaring Forties. The most populous city, and the main gateway for international flights, is Auckland. Get ready for the most incredible Orbx FTX region ever created with diverse landscapes, fantastic autogen performance and loads of new custom textures with super-accurate landclass and poly landclass. You cannot afford to miss completing one of the world's most amazing countries!

- Over 113,750 sq km of FTX scenery!

- Brand new beautiful ground textures

- New trees made from local photographs

- Roads, rivers, coastlines, lakes, railways

- 10m Holgermesh for crisp definition

- All major and many minor airports upgraded

- Custom NZ airport objects and markings

- Photoreal mountains, volcanoes, mudflats

- Numerous polygon landclass areas

- Hand-crafted landclass for entire region

- Joins FTX Australia for tran-Tasman flights

- Hand placed super-accurate autogen

For screenshots and to purchase your copy visit the following page exclusively to The FlightSim Store:

http://www.flightsim...roducts_id=2130

Safe Skies!

The FlightSim Store Crew

http://www.flightsimstore.com

Woo!

Bought and downloading now - looking forward to my first Auckland to Wellington run.

Oh, I got demoted to the ORBX forum.

:(

Surely a big new release announcement is better off in the general FSX forum, given that more people are likely to see it?

There are plenty of other product-specific release posts in the main thread...Please mods?

:)

I'm a little surprised at the quick hook also. What happens to release announcements for addons that don't have unofficial forums? Are those just deleted outright?

NAX669.png

What happens to release announcements for addons that don't have unofficial forums? Are those just deleted outright?

Yes and the poster banned, smeared in strawberry jelly and covered in ants

I got the email too but not sure whether I am going to get this. Still got NZSI that I have not even flown yet along with their other regions/airports. Just too much area to cover and not enough time!

Oh, I got demoted to the ORBX forum.

:(

Surely a big new release announcement is better off in the general FSX forum, given that more people are likely to see it?

There are plenty of other product-specific release posts in the main thread...Please mods?

I agree, I am not sure why some threads are moved to this forum. There are endless threads in the General FSX forum about developers who have their own forums - so it also seems arbitrary. The only thing moving these threads achieves is that less people can view it and share their experiences with other simmers.:(