Sign in to follow this  

To the team: BBJ, ER, Military Variants?

I was just curiously wondering:

Although the release of the 777, 747-NX, and DC-6 will probnably distract me for much time, I was just wondering several things. First, will the BBJ, ER, and Military variants come any time soon? And for the BBJ, will the airports database include more, non commercial airports?

Inactive

Rob mentioned them on one of the updates lately. After the 777 they'll get back to the NGX variants and I believe I saw something about an update? Don't quote me on that!

The only projects currently in development are the:

- DC-6

- 747v2

The DC-6 is due to be released first and the once the 777 has been released (and I'd imagine after a few weeks/a month or two of support and hotfixes) they'll get to work on the NGX SP2 and variants and will continue to drive work on the 747v2.

The DC-6 is due to be released first

:) Everything is turning out as it should be :) :)

First, will the BBJ, ER, and Military variants come any time soon?

As Jordan said, they are only working on 3 products now (that we know of, at least): the DC-6, the 777 and the 747 v2.0. New expansion packs for the NGX are still under evaluation and will depend on a lot of factors.

And for the BBJ, will the airports database include more, non commercial airports?

Likely not, simply because it's not PMDG who builds the navigation database for their products. They are done by Navigraph, and soon will be done by Aerosoft too.

Matheus Mafra

Peter-

Ignore most of what you read here... (Amazing how things get changed around as they get repeated!)

The MIL and BBJ variants for the NGX are still planned, but they are very low priority as demand for them is not great. I anticipate we will do them as part of a product invigoration update sometime after the 777 release.

The NGX will get an update right around the same time we release the 777 in order to add some functionality to the product, the SDK side of the product and keep it in commonality with the 777. That update will not involve new models- just to be clear. The new models will come later!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Peter-

Ignore most of what you read here... (Amazing how things get changed around as they get repeated!)

The MIL and BBJ variants for the NGX are still planned, but they are very low priority as demand for them is not great. I anticipate we will do them as part of a product invigoration update sometime after the 777 release.

The NGX will get an update right around the same time we release the 777 in order to add some functionality to the product, the SDK side of the product and keep it in commonality with the 777. That update will not involve new models- just to be clear. The new models will come later!

Thanks Rob! Looking forward to that 777 more than anything, the BBJ was just in the back of my mind; I had just flown to Monterey KMRY and had seen many large corporate jets there (BBJs go once in a while) and it got me thinking of the BBJ again.

Inactive

Hi All,

I'm still using fs9 with hundreds of addon sceneries, weather, TOPCAT , registered FSUIPC, etc. It would be extremely hard to abandon all of these. I would go into the work and cost of investing a brand new hi-performance computer, buy and install all the required addons if PMDG comes out with the BBJ extension of the NGX. I feel that many of us would pay for it. At the first sign of of willingnes from PMDFG official I'll start my upgrade.

Cheers,

Peter-

'invigoration' - I like that.

I would like to have an invigorated Military variant of the NGX.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I have found a lot of smaller airports in the NGX's navdata. Little River, Napa, Ukiah...etc...airports here with non comercial service and 5000ish ft runways are in the NGX's navdata.

Cheers

TJ

Thanks Rob! Looking forward to that 777 more than anything, the BBJ was just in the back of my mind; I had just flown to Monterey KMRY and had seen many large corporate jets there (BBJs go once in a while) and it got me thinking of the BBJ again.

I just use the B738 as a BBJ and fly big jet routes like EJM (Jetspeed, the larger corporate jets Netjets operate)s... it makes a nice business jet, especially when lightly loaded!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

What about the ER variants?

Sent from my YP-G70 using Tapatalk 2

sry guys but are BBJ and ER a completely new product to PMDGs present NGX or are these only expansions?

sry guys but are BBJ and ER a completely new product to PMDGs present NGX or are these only expansions?

I think I can safely answer this...

Expansions to the current PMDG NGX.

I think I can safely answer this...

Expansions to the current PMDG NGX.

They are expansion, but they will have their own performance data.