Sign in to follow this  
Simmo W

A new Forum for us MultiSimmers?

I'm uninstalling Flight, can't bear to fly it after all this.

I've bought the $15 A2A Accu Feel for my almost-uninstalled FSX, Love its new sounds (though it makes my VRS Superbug sound rather rattly!). It makes the already impressive Katana even better.

I'm mainly an Xplaner, but need other Sims to stop me going crazy sometimes. DCS has cool stuff like this Hawk coming up, but it might not be out for months:

Loading FSX back up was really interesting after almost another year had gone by. I'm exceedingly spoilt being in Melbourne, having ALL our main air facilities modelled by Orbx- I can fly from Melbourne Intl to Essendon (ha, you might as well walk), have Devonshire Tea at Lilydale, then the longer trip back across to Avalon, take in the airshow, then across to my home airport of Moorabbin! In a normal plane i'm seeing A min 22 fps at a detailed airport like Melbourne, the Superbug struggles at 18. The PMDG NGX is very good, around 20. Not the smoothness of Flight, but let's just say the scenery and planes are a tad more complex..

The pmdg is compelling, it just feels so real, with its handling and sounds.

I flew a short trip around another local strip Lilydale, with the REX clouds I was stunned at how real it all looked. And no treacle formed terrain!

Might get the A2A Cub just to say 'shove it Ballmer'. See you 'round  at our site and here. At least we'll know our money goes more directly to talented devs and not talentless corporate sponges...

Which brings me to an important suggestion for Jeroen or other mods - I've really enjoyed the open, mature conversation in the Flight forum. Maybe because it attracted a more flexible group of people, those who aren't necessarily tied to a single sim.

Could you set up a new 'All Sims but no ranters' sub forum, somewhere where we can talk like this with Great moderators like Jeroen, not feeling guilty re. Discussing another sim?

Just an idea. Or I'll just come across you in the xplane or humongous fsx forum!

Simon

At its base, its sounds like such a cool Idea, and I would love it. but then recent history rears its head and I suspect moderating it would be even a bigger task than the Flight forum. I would be interested to hear what the response is, though. If anyone could make it work it would be here.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have to disagree. Being someone that participates in the FS9, FSX, XP10 and looks at other forums, i personally don't feel like the conversation here was more open and mature compared to other forums, quite the contrary. The tone here has usually been Flight is the best despite it's shortcomings, all others are substandard, that is not mature IMHO. I did enjoy the discussions of Flight specific findings and any tricks and tips.

if we were to have an all for one forum, specific info would be harder to filter than if posted in the specific forum IMO. I tend to feel that most here (at AVSIM) have more then one sim the enjoy, I myself have several installed.

Best, Michael

KDFW

I have to disagree. Being someone that participates in the FS9, FSX, XP10 and looks at other forums, i personally don't feel like the conversation here was more open and mature compared to other forums, quite the contrary. The tone here has usually been Flight is the best despite it's shortcomings, all others are substandard, that is not mature IMHO. I did enjoy the discussions of Flight specific findings and any tricks and tips.

if we were to have an all for one forum, specific info would be harder to filter than if posted in the specific forum IMO. I tend to feel that most here (at AVSIM) have more then one sim the enjoy, I myself have several installed.

And so we see right there how quickly it would start. The feelings are just too strong. :(

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

And if people from this forum had dropped into the FS9 and FSX and X-Plane forums and started lecturing the members there about what was wrong with their sim, as was done on this forum for weeks and weeks, and how they probably were not quite bright enough to see that, you would have had a food fight in those forums too. Those forums are all about their product is the best, are you kidding me. I was a member of those forums for years and years, so you can't tell me what goes on there.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

And so on........

Devons rig

I also use many different flight sims (in fact almost all of them :smile:) and for me it's part of the adventure to enjoy the strong points of each of them. Each day, when I want to play, I decide what aspect I enjoy at that moment most and choose the sim or game that fits my mood best.

Never a dull moment.

So no bashing or hatred from me. Like there are no perfect humans, there are also no perfect sims. :wink:

As for forums, I think there is a difference between seeking support for an issue, or just hanging around chatting about sims. For the former I need a dedicated forum I think, the latter I can do in the General forum or chat corners of most flightsim dedicated sites.

Isn't that the purpose of the Hangar Chat forum here at Avsim?

http://forum.avsim.n...20-hangar-chat/