Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

This Guy is NUTS!

I'm talking about Jcomm... know him?

Well, not only was he going to receive xplane10, but in the meantime he decided to re-install FLIGHT, and, after seeing the money he would have to spend on decent add-ons for Xplane10, plus the fact that the guy still has the chance to re-install products like Leveld767, RealAir Siai (and buy their Legacy...), Aerosoft Katana and TO, as well as Aerosoft DiscusX and CumulusX! to go with it, London Heathrow, Lukla, Wilco A320 - or wait for a better one, Wilco Embraer 145, FSUIPC and Flight1's P-12... he decided to login to xbox.com and buy FSX Golden for €29,99 :-)

It's a 11,07GB download running now on GFWL, the same interface the guy will use to reinstall FLIGHT after FSX has been downloaded to his disk....

Seriously, never really take for granted what he says regarding his flight simulation decisions... or... anything else... ;-)

P.S.: Jeroen, what exactly was the link you mentioned to get some efficient tweaks for FSX????

What about Xplane10????? I seriously feel it'll have to wait for a little long until I feel comfortable with it... Too many problems/errors - compilation aborted..... :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

We are worried about you, José, it seems to be a roller coaster ride for you at the moment. :rolleyes:

Best regards.

Luis

Seriously, never really take for granted what he says regarding his flight simulation decisions... or... anything else... ;-)

P.S.: Jeroen, what exactly was the link you mentioned to get some efficient tweaks for FSX????

Don't worry: we will never take you or anything you say for granted. :wink:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/370594-read-before-posting-software-hardware-guide-for-fsx/

As I said elsewhere: I only used the software part and I didn't use the TTFT and LOD_RADIUS tweak. I also use 8xQ instead of 8xS (FSAA in Inspector). All the rest I did as described.

I had a wife like that once.....

Me too!!!! :-)

Well, the problem was reading those tempting posts from Jeroen regarding the RealAir Legacy.....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Well, the problem was reading those tempting posts from Jeroen regarding the RealAir Legacy.....

Same here. I will be getting it.

But, I just spent another couple of hours puttering around in the VC Carbon Cub, flying mountain passes, low and slow, learning the routes east of Anchorage.

It was a good time.

What about Xplane10????? I seriously feel it'll have to wait for a little long until I feel comfortable with it... Too many problems/errors - compilation aborted..... :-(

Perhaps you could elaborate on the problems and errors you are referring too?

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Oh dear... so if this goes wrong I am the one to blame... :wink: But I can't imagine anyone NOT liking the RealAir Legacy... My previous favorites (Katana 4x and RV7) were great but all had some (very different) flaws or things I just didn't like: the Legacy seems to be quite perfect in every possible way...

Oh dear... so if this goes wrong I am the one to blame... :wink: But I can't imagine anyone NOT liking the RealAir Legacy... My previous favorites (Katana 4x and RV7) were great but all had some (very different) flaws or things I just didn't like: the Legacy seems to be quite perfect in every possible way...

JvE, you (and many others) keep on about how great the legacy is! I only just got the Turbine Duke last week (which is also brilliant). If you keep this up I will be making another RealAir charge on my credit card!

Tell you what, you get Air Hauler, I will get the legacy and we will call it quits! :P

Perhaps you could elaborate on the problems and errors you are referring too?

Too many to elaborate here, the most remarkable one that really irritates me is that completely unrealistic "anti-torque" force that makes your prop aircraft bank seriously to the right when you retard the throttle(s). The bank instead of yaw when power is added plagues many sims, and xplane shines in that area too...

The fact that a simple glider like the default AS-k21 doesn't show the behaviour one should expect from such a model, and I know what I am saying.... Yet, I did experiment the some Carenado and the AN-28 add-ons and they have nothing to do with the default models, so, it's true that just like with FSX, good add-ons do a lot for a simulator.

Of course I prefer the modeling of turbulence in Xplane to what we have in MSFS, and the fact that it has a better ridge lift model than the very poor one in MSFSX (CumulusX! can help here...).

I would also like to see those clouds change looks - just as they are they look like coming from a terror movie.... The sparse scenery, landclass, etc... can also add to my dislikes...

I would also really like to have a better "rendering" of RW weather data, or at least the possibility to use with xplane products like Active Sky for MSFS.

Main Simulation Rig:

By the way, for those looking for a carbon cub style aircraft for FSX, I can heartily recommend the Flight Replicas Super Cub Ultra. The FDE by Bernt Stolle is great and it comes with some really nice features.

Tell you what, you get Air Hauler, I will get the legacy and we will call it quits! :P

LOL

Small problem: I was thinking about downloading the demo but I read you can't add addon airplanes to it and I would like to (only) use my Legacy with Air Hauler... I was intending to stay a one man, one plane company and only use Air Hauler to give some purpose to my flights. Maybe someone who owns the Legacy AND Air Hauler can tell me if they work together well?

Blimey, Jose..That's two sim re-installs in as many days! What's next? SWOTL? :Big Grin:

Just posted a vid of the Lancair over the still warm NZNI. Conclusion? You decide. I'm not even going there...

welcome back, JC - you never actually left LOL - you even said goodbye :rofl:

I only went to Portugal a couple of times. Absolutely beautiful. Lovely people; but their driving! They must all be having their own sim-crisis :smile:

And Jeroen, not sure how much the Legacy can carry in that glove compartment :smile: Have you imported it into AH yet? I'm going OT again but hey, who cares, I was suprised by how much the Epic LT can carry, and it's faster than the Legacy, but imo a couple of leagues below the Lancair in terms of everything.

Legacy rules. I want one (and an RV7A)

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

LOL

Small problem: I was thinking about downloading the demo but I read you can't add addon airplanes to it and I would like to (only) use my Legacy with Air Hauler... I was intending to stay a one man' date=' one plane company and only use Air Hauler to give some purpose to my flights. Maybe someone who owns the Legacy AND Air Hauler can tell me if they work together well?[/quote']

You can import any aircraft into AH

The legacy won't have much cargo room.....but that just means multiple journeys or smaller loads!

Blimey' date=' Jose..That's two sim re-installs in as many days! What's next? SWOTL? :Big Grin:

Just posted a vid of the Lancair over the still warm NZNI. Conclusion? You decide. I'm not even going there...

welcome back, JC - you never actually left LOL - you even said goodbye :rofl:

I only went to Portugal a couple of times. Absolutely beautiful. Lovely people; but their driving! They must all be having their own sim-crisis :smile:

And Jeroen, not sure how much the Legacy can carry in that glove compartment :smile: Have you imported it into AH yet? I'm going OT again but hey, who cares, I was suprised by how much the Epic LT can carry, and it's faster than the Legacy, but imo a couple of leagues below the Lancair in terms of everything.

Legacy rules. I want one (and an RV7A)[/quote']

Where did you post the vid?

I'd like to see that.....

I found the vid.

Very nice. NZ looks spectacular!