Sign in to follow this  
Paulbr

Convert FSX Flight plans to PMDG 747-400X

Hello,

I just bought 747-400X and I wonder how to convert FSX Flightplanner files to PMDG flight plans.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Paul

The FSX flight planner is horrible, but more to the point it's tricky to convert it into PMDG files since you can't copy and paste the route efficiently .

use this as a flightplanner:

http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/

Now copy and paste the route to simroutes:

http://simroutes.com/

Just enter the dep/arr and the route then click generate route. Choose the export option and export as PMDG. You will get an .RTE file. Place this in the PMDG/FLIGHTPLANS folder in the root of FS. Then in the FMC enter the name of this RTE file in the coroute.

Well, I followed your instructions. What do you mean with paste the route to simroutes and

enter the route in your instruction Just enter the dep/arr and the route then click generate route?

Where to enter the route?

On SimRoutes, click the Generate Routes link at the top of the main page. Then enter the ICAO airport codes for your origin and destination (Departure and Arrival fields). Then input the route suggested by RouteFinder (using any of the valid input methods as stated on SimRoutes below the Route box).

For example:

Departure: RCTP

Route: MKG , KADLO , ANPOG , ELATO

OR, better: MKG A1 ELATO

Arrival: VHHH

Then, click Generate Route, verify that the route appears correctly, and select PMDG as the flight plan format from the menu next to Download Flightplan

Hope this works for you.

Owen Zhang

Hey Athena just what I was looking for - thanks.

Baz

Barry Wells

Well, I followed your instructions. What do you mean with paste the route to simroutes and

enter the route in your instruction Just enter the dep/arr and the route then click generate route?

Where to enter the route?

Check my tutorial on exactly this.(use the Contributor link in green)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020