Sign in to follow this  
alainneedle1

I can log in to FTX now....

Look like my account was restored, I can read the general forum now, is it just me or if other banned members can log in?

I just tried, and it will allow me to see the General Forum, the same way it has before without change as far as I can see. Sorry Alaine, I think you are a permanent exile like me. I thought maybe they were making a gesture, but guess not. Nuts!

Ha! ok, the only place I could log in before was the support forum, like you I thought they did something nice for us outcast...oh well, back to the shrink...... :blink:

:(

But the support forum works for you, right? I mean that's vital.

Hey guys, it would be great to see you over there again, I mean that really...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

The normal support forum and forum does not work for me and that is the only one that I would ever consider using if I needed help. I don't do being "steerage".

No nothing has changed. If you log out and just become a no body you can see a lot of the forums. I went over there to see NZ North.

I saw your SS Howard I have to say they where stunning m8. NZ north looks very interesting place to sight see.

@ CoolP we have our own Surport forum for limited uses

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have to retract myself on something, after further research I found that I am a limited user and not a banned user, that is why I can access the general and support forum.

Stephen, you should be able to access the support forum unless you did something REALLY bad overthere???

Quote from JV.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:31 AM

If you can read this forum and this topic it is because your general access privileges on the main Orbx forums have been set to read-only or no access at all. There is no discussion to be entered into regarding why you incurred such a limitation; it would have been applied at the discretion of Orbx management, support staff or moderators for violation of the forum Terms of Use or other actions against the company which justified a limitation.

However, we do recognise that you have purchased a legitimate license for Orbx software and you are entitled to receive support, even if you cannot participate in the general forum community. To that end, here is how you should proceed to obtain support from Orbx staff:

1. Post a genuine support issue in this forum, clearly stating what your issue is and including a screenshot if possible

2. Post only one topic per support issue

3. Do not 'tag' another support issue on the back of someone else's - always open a new topic for your issue alone

4. Do not use antagonistic, demanding or rude language in your support post - any such posts will simply be deleted without question

5. Do not repeat-post, bump, or demand an answer to your support post

6. Do not troll, waste time or generally post here without good cause - anyone testing our patience will have a permanent ban imposed

This Is Not A General Discussion Forum

Please note this is a sub-forum dedicated to support issue posts only. Any topic which does not directly request support will be deleted without explanation. Do not use this forum to discuss anything other than an issue you personally have with an Orbx product.

Alain,

You were behind the times. We have not been "banned" for a long time, just exiled to the "other" whatever you wish to call it. The "limited user" support forums are not the same as the "non limited user" support forums. Doesn't matter to me anymore anyway, except I don't ever go where I am not fully welcomed.

Kind regards,

I dont give a rats patoot how good their scenery is, after reading multiple threads like this Ill never purchase anything from them. Wow.

Alain,

You were behind the times. We have not been "banned" for a long time, just exiled to the "other" whatever you wish to call it. The "limited user" support forums are not the same as the "non limited user" support forums. Doesn't matter to me anymore anyway, except I don't ever go where I am not fully welcomed.

Kind regards,

I see, I guess I was confused....I had to change my password since Nvidia forum was hacked and I had the same password, that's how I found out about my status over there, as you said it does not change anything for me either as I don't visit their forum anymore, I was just playing safe with password.

I dont give a rats patoot how good their scenery is, after reading multiple threads like this Ill never purchase anything from them. Wow.

Randy,

That may certainly be understandable, but some of their developers make the best scenery in the world for FSX. You sure will be missing out on a lot.

Kind regards,

That's true they do. It's unbelievable looking but I'm picky with my money. I'd rather support people that I feel appreciate it rather than expect it and act like their doing me a favor letting me purchase their product. Maybe I have it all wrong but they just leave a bad vibe.

I would say the vast majority of customers don't have any issues. So does not make sense to deprive yourself of the scenery, but your choice. Their product and support is pretty good I can say from my experience.

I would say the vast majority of customers don't have any issues. So does not make sense to deprive yourself of the scenery, but your choice. Their product and support is pretty good I can say from my experience.

Something to think about. Hard to over look some things but maybe I'm just grumpy in my old age :)