Sign in to follow this  
kannwar

Attn All Orbx NZNI Owners!

I can run everything except the auto-gen at max (and that's only because I haven't tried...) in the J-41 with AS2012 weather & textures and still get ~30fps by the FSX counter (******* tweaks & half monitor refresh rate are the only things I've done). Transitted Auckland at 11k' without it slowing down and didn't notice it doing that when landing there either. I can't do that in default NYC... So yes, NZ is a step up over PNW. UK will be the same. I understand there is the intention to retro-fit this tech to PNW in due course.

Ok figured out how to link, Few more of rockliffe's shots. wow!!!

3197a.jpg6271a.jpg4952a.jpg

Hi Mickel thanks heaps for posting those shots! Wow I like what they've done with Napier and Hastings airports. Best renditions yet. Port very disappointing and barren though - in real life it's definitely got a few more containers than that. And that misplaced image on the northern pier looks terrible. Hopefully they'll improve it as some point I kinda expected a bit more given how amazing their scenery usually is.

I have all their region packs and imho NZNI is another notch higher. Fantastic scenery and stellar performance. Looking forward to the tech retro-fit into their previous sceneries

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Hi Mickel thanks heaps for posting those shots! Wow I like what they've done with Napier and Hastings airports. Best renditions yet. Port very disappointing and barren though - in real life it's definitely got a few more containers than that. And that misplaced image on the northern pier looks terrible. Hopefully they'll improve it as some point I kinda expected a bit more given how amazing their scenery usually is.

No offense intended to anyone and I apologize in advance if it is taken - but I don't think these pictures do justice to what the scenery is capable of on a good modern computer. Feel free to checkout the orbx screenshot forum - it is open to everyone. A lot of people on avsim also post there and you will see they are very pleased with NZNI.

For Orbx this one looks bad, not like them, rest look great

2012-8-1_12-51-15-709.jpg

Yes I agree.

In fact there seem to be a lot of "random" roads in the shots above which have rather poor textures and plough straight through fields and buildings. Looking at Google Earth they don't even exist in most of those locations?

Are you sure there's no conflict with a previously installed scenery here?

Not bought it yet, but mostly it looks good in the other shots.

Geoff

PS is the Wrapper issue fixed yet?????

Geoff Brown

The wrapper issue is fixed, yes.

Cheers :good:

However a look at some of the recently uploaded screenshots on the Official site shows that the "random roads" through buildings occurs elsewhere. :unsure: Not the "be all and end all" ...rather "the ship spoilt for a ha'peth o' tar"

Hope they can fix this?

I'll still buy it but..... come on guys! We're watching the Olympics (like it or not :huh: ) and the medals only go to THE BEST.

Geoff

Geoff Brown

but I don't think these pictures do justice to what the scenery is capable of on a good modern computer.

Well... all sliders were to the right, or one short... so it's not the PC at this end. The problem I suspect is that I use photobucket. It turns all my pics to crap and I don't know what alternatives are out there. Suggestions welcome.

I'm not too sure I would consider NZNI a step forward from NZSI, which remains outstanding since release of the patch. Want to give it a fair evaluation so will reserve final judgment until I have flown it a lot more. So far it is just so-so at best, in my personal opinion, but definitely worth having if flying in NZ is where you are at.

Kind regards,

After looking at a lot of SS and a lot of roads across fields and your so so comment am going to pass. Thanks for you first thoughts there normaly the best.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Cheers :good:

However a look at some of the recently uploaded screenshots on the Official site shows that the "random roads" through buildings occurs elsewhere. :unsure: Not the "be all and end all" ...rather "the ship spoilt for a ha'peth o' tar"

Hope they can fix this?

I'll still buy it but..... come on guys! We're watching the Olympics (like it or not :huh: ) and the medals only go to THE BEST.

Geoff

Hmmmmm.......what's the deal with that?

You normally don't get the roads running through textures like that with FTX products.

I might be missing something here guys, but there have always been (real) roads running through fields and buildings that are drawn in the ground textures. There is no way around that unless you use real photoscenery with hand-placed autogen. Perhaps it wasn't as obvious before.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Is there any airports coming out for NZ south or North from Orbx, I would have thought if there was for south they would be out by now?

Any news?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Queenstown & Milford are apparently under development. Nothing else is being said, but that doesn't mean nothing else happening.