Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

CRJ200, IXEG737, Ramzess 777...

...and some months ago people were saying complex airliners would be never possible in X-Plane... :Nerd:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

...and some months ago people were saying complex airliners would be never possible in X-Plane...

Well, a friend of mine who almost got me into xplane10 a couple of days ago - I confess I canceled my order until v10.20 is out... - used not an airliner, but a very detailled An-24 to show/proof how far systems and flight modeling can go with xplane.

I am convinced that xplane10 can be as good, or even better in the case of rotary wing aircraft, as MSFS, but I really would like to see Austin addressing some basic and rather annoying bugs ported even from v9... Anyway, I will most certainly invest on it sooner or later - it'll be my 2nd time, since the first was a week before Austin announce v9 and I had just bought v8 :-(

I really can't find anything wrong with the hardware configuration menus in xplane (?) It was allways piece-of-cake for me to use. I also like the turbulence in xplane more than in MSFS, with the exception of MS FLIGHT which had a new feel, rather realistic... Yet, I regret not having a better / more complete / more coherent weather model in xplane, particularly RW weather, and again those FDM quirks that really annoy me...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Huh? Who?

I thought, x-plane didn't have complex stuff because of popularity not capability.

Huh? Who?

I quote a certain FSX developer:

Having reviewed a great deal of X-Plane aircraft offerings... it's going to be a long, long... did I mention long? time before you see aircraft systems accuracy at the levels FSX already offers. X-Plane caters to simplistic systems.There is so much missing in X-Plane that current FSX developers utliize and rely on that many of the FSX aircraft would have to build entire simulators themselves.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I see, but maybe he is not entirely wrong. Many fsx devs rely on built in features by modifying them to suit there needs. (Especially ga devs.)

Maybe x-plane is a bit lacking in that regard. But then again, so does fsx with complex glass systems, all good addons have custom gauges.

I wonder what he actually meant.

If you enjoy it, fly it. If you don't, fly something else. Simple :)

I wonder how much modding/tweaking Carenado do for their GA aircraft in order to get them to fly as well as they do in XP. I also am curious as to how much modifications of the flight envelope and systems are in a plugin for these complex aircraft as XP doesn't do didly with the systems or provides such a rudimentary structure they have to use it only as they need to for XP to function properly (e.g. allowing the radios to tune to frequencies and be heard only when the appropriate systems are engaged to bypass the bug with electrical systems not checking electrical power available first)