Sign in to follow this  
quadraspleen

Perspective

Jeroen,

Please delete this if you feel it's inappropriate. I thought it shows that MS have made a few more bad decisions than FLIGHT lately...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-18996377

It also shows the "walled garden" approach that Apple championed and was in evidence in FLIGHT has fully been adopted by MS

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I think I'll move this one to the Win OS forum. :wink:

Gabe is an idiot who is known to have knee jerk reactions and blow things completely out of proportion and this is just another one. He also said the same exact thing about the Playstation 3 until he signed a lucrative deal with Sony to have Steam on the PS3. After that the PS3 was unicorns and rainbows. These select Windows 8 platforms that are locking out things like Valve would be ARM devices like phones etc.. Not your PC OS. Poor Gabe is just mad he's not allowed to put Steam on another device..

Non-story..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Exactly as above. The guy is an absolute tool and says some of the most outlandish garbage. He looks for ways to get in the news. Nothing he says can be take seriously I'm not sure he's completely lucid when he does most of his interviews.

Whatever you think about this Valve marketing speech doesn't change the fact that Windows 8 is total rubbish in terms of user friendliness for anyone who wants to do anything a bit complicated with his/her OS. Seriously, mobile phone OS does not belong to PC and last time I checked old Windows view mode of Windows 8 lacks start menu...

And this Valve guy is just doing what he is supposed to do in his position, no need to call him an idiot for that. Reminds me from Boeing / Airbus marketing guys, or maybe O'Leary of Ryanair, bashing their competitors and getting publicity just like they are supposed to do.

I hope next Windows after Win 8 will be good again, probably win 8 will be worse than Vista. But that is just typical Microsoft, they haven't created anything good since Windows 7 was released.

What is Windows8 ? I only know that the Windows OS era ends in 2012, according to the Mayas...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I hope next Windows after Win 8 will be good again, probably win 8 will be worse than Vista. But that is just typical Microsoft, they haven't created anything good since Windows 7 was released.

I really like this MacBook Pro for general computing needs. My last OS from MS was Vista 64 which still works great for FSX, so I don't anticipate any new OS from MS unless P3D demands it, i.e., should I move to P3D!

Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I watch a network on line called TWIT.tv. They have experts from Windows, Apple, Google, etc as guests on their sometimes as long as 2 hour discussion shows. Now you won't find this on the Fox Network, you need to get something that streams like Google TV, Roku, or something to watch it. Anyway, they have had many experts in the field try Windows 8 and the only thing it is any good for is a tablet, is what they all say. They think it is going to be a disaster. If you really want to confuse someone, try and explain to them what Windows RT is and how that differs from the 3 other versions of Windows 8 that are coming out.

Windows 7 will be around for many years... Now as far as the tech shows on TWIT, if you don't like learning about technology, then this is not the network for you.

http://twit.tv/

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If it's true that

"On some versions of Windows 8, it will be the only way to get downloadable software such as games."

I foresee some troubles between MS and EEC.

and last time I checked old Windows view mode of Windows 8 lacks start menu..

Good thing there's a registry tweak to bring the start menu (for those that will want to try out Win8)...

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\RPEnabled=0 (instead of default 1).

BUT, I've read that MS wants to remove the tweaks enabling users to disable Metro... so I'm not sure if it'll will work when the RTM version is out.

P.S. I can't try it yet (the tweak above) since I don't have Win8 installed (yet or ever)