Sign in to follow this  
Frank Otero

Main door won't stay open with engine running

Hello fellow addicts,

The other day I wanted to do a quick turn around and left the starboard engine running. Well, the main door would come open and immediately close. I had to fully shut down to get the dope on board :)))

Anyone out there who have found a way around this?

Regards

Guest BeaverDriver

Were you parked near a fuel pump? If you get too close to a designated fuel pump area, doors on all FSX aircraft automatically close. It's one of those "interesting" little FSX quirks.

I don't think there's a workaround - I think the JS41 models closed pax doors when any engine is running; for safety

Hans Soule

Yea not a good idea to have the engines running while passengers are boarding, already seen 2 instances where passengers have walked into the props

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Yea not a good idea to have the engines running while passengers are boarding, already seen 2 instances where passengers have walked into the props
I have a great crew that keeps my pax safe, although after looking at some of my paxs lately I think they have missed a few who did get away from them and walk around the plane to the turning prop...I was loading dope anyway :unsure: :lol:. Seriously, in RW, I have boarded many a plane with one of its engines running.

Were you parked near a fuel pump?
I was not.

I don't think there's a workaround
I think you are right and this is the way it was modeled. I wonder if the RW JS41 is like this, I tend to think not.

Thanks for your replies!!!

IMC

I think they have to manually pull the door up on the real bird. The door is hydralic assisted but not hydralic operated. Think of a cars hood with hydralic struts to make it lighter and hold it open.

Yeah, doors close automatically in this simulation when you start the first engine.

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --