Sign in to follow this  
Chandog

Fatal Error immediately after Plane Selection MD-11

Good day everyone,

I am having a consistent fatal error with FSX, right after selecting PMDG MD-11 in the plane selection menu. The game is freezing as the plane attempts/begins to load the AIRAC database files. It never progresses farther than "0" in loading the AIRAC files.

I have checked over my dll.xml file which seems to be fine.

I am running Windows 7 Enterprise, on a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. i7 CPU, 8 Gbs ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Windows Event Viewer shows 3 errors. ( My "G" Drive is an external hard drive connected via fire-wire )

2 SidebySide Errors:

Activation context generation failed for "G:\Games\FSX\PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "G:\Games\FSX\PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ;processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61242.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

1 Application Error:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000cf2dc

Faulting process id: 0xc68

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd6ea24b0d0991

Faulting application path: G:\Games\FSX\fsx.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: b4367add-da95-11e1-af29-00d06b8d52ff

PMDG support says I have a corrupt Acceleration install, which I find very hard to believe as I have had FSX running with Acceleration without any problems for over a year now. Furthermore, I do not have any problems flying with any other planes, default and addon freeware, pre-PMDG installation, or post-PMDG installation.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I have no idea what my AIRAC files are, how to update them, nor have I even seen any mention of them, before installing the PMDG plane.

Aren't the AIRAC files specific to the PMDG installation/download and already up to date?

Just an update. I verified this has nothing to do with the AIRAC files. Still no solution though.

The AIRAC files are what gives you navigation data for your FMS. This is what you should see load when the MD-11 is selected. I would check to see if you have admin rights for the FSX folder.

I was able to load the AIRAC files successfully. The fatal error occurs now right after, before the 3D model shows up in the menu.

Have you got the UIAutomationcore.dll installed in your root FSX folder and HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX.cfg? Those might do the trick for you.

\Robert Hamlich/

Two things to try:

1) Make sure your dll.xml file is truly OK. Sometimes, too, the order of the dll modules loaded ( as determined by the dll.xml file) affects this issue. Loading FSUIPC first can help. But editing this file can be tricky...Tabs has an editing guide around here or the PMDG website that's helpful.

2) Reinstall the MD-11. It's not the ideal solution but it's worked for me several times.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png