Sign in to follow this  
Grahm

FMC Hourly Bug

Great program and highly addicting! I purchased the NGX July 15th, flying domestic USA and BDA and havent had any problems up until now.

I flew KIAH-SEQU yesterday without any problems. This morning I noticed on the ground after setting my FLT PLN FUEL etc... from SEQU-KIAH that FMC was giving me inaccurate times. So maybe I thought it would stabilize while inflight in CRZ. Well, it didn't. Every "time" portion of the FMC (format XX(Hours):XX(Mins)) was fluctuating intermittently. I shot a video to better describe the problem. You can see the HRLY portion of just going bat crazy but the MIN is sustained inaccurately. I've tried resetting the FMC and reloaded the FLT PLN and that did not work. Any ideas?

Well Error: I'm not permitted to upload my .avi file.

I've posted the video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J89e6VH0qU&feature=plcp

I'll reset the aircraft once at DEST

I've only noticed some odd behaviour like this when I had a messed up flight plan, the FMS had a lot of trouble trying to compute the plan/estimates it kept fluctuating. I have forgotten the exact cause but it was some waypoint issues. Try the same plan again, if it still does it change to another plan, if it stops then something is up with that first flight plan which the FMS has trouble with.

I saw this a few times also. It's been some time ago now. I never did figure out what the problem was.

more than likely its some custom waypoint in a departure or arrival, like an INTERCEPT or something of the sort shifting all over the place, find it and delete it.

You need to read the tutorial #2, setting up the perf page on the CDU. If you put in a out of range temp, you will get wild ETA fluctuations etc. This has been mentioned in this forum previously, and confirmed by Ryan @ PMDG.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.