Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Freeware P180!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Downloading. Thanks for the HU. :smile:

Note. There is some older TCAS2v7.dll included. For the folks running the PMDG 747 and MD-11, perhaps make a backup of your current one or just leave it at the PMDG delivered files.

Must not mean anything, but the file date on that dll differs from 2007 (PMDG) to 2004 (freeware), hence the note.

Good point about the old gauges..

So I finally got to installing it... I'm a 3D gauge purist so the VC is "dated" to me... I'm guessing Mario is more a 2D flyer himself... but a lot of switches work which is great. A bit of needle lag with the 2D stuff but it's not too noticeable. Decent sounds interior and out... some issues with sound looping and suddenly getting louder when in external view. Smooth flight dynamics... I'll be flying this more and more - I've been looking for a 400 ktas plane :)

p.s. There's also an excellent manual complete with perf charts... :)

Edited by firehawk44
Photos removed; exceeded 400KB limit.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good point about the old gauges..

Oh it's just that one TCAS.dll thingy which may overwrite the PMDG files if allowed to do. I don't know if it causes problems, but better safe than sorry.

On the gauge looks, perhaps some folks can help, same as on the Basler lately. That worked out very nice and offered some 'HD' looks. I see we have a lot of glass stuff there. This may be more difficult, but surely not impossible.

Very nice shots. I hope I find the time to test her later. Same as you, that speedy plane would be nice to have. The payware was reported to be strange at times.

I'm definitly going to add (or try) my RXP GNS530W as a popup at least... but I'm not even sure how to couple to LNAV or GPSS at the moment.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Looks like one can replace that centre nav screen, which should work nicely with a GNS530 in place if the 3D model doesn't spoil that attempt. Keep us posted.

Thank you guys for the comments!

I have no knowledge of how the RXP gauges work, but if they are plain "gauges" (GAU, XML (CAB), or DLL) then there should not be any problem at all... note that in the 3D cockpit the TCAS is a pop-up polygon, therefore you can get your RXP there and the TCAS will still appear whan called (although it might not mix well with the GNS in the background)... about being it an older version, well I can only distribute the free one! I think I stated in the readme to check this when installing!

As for the LNAv/GPSS navigation, there is a toggle knob in the pedestal, then use the autopilot NAV mode.. the ND will read "GPS1" on the left side...

Enjoy!

signature.jpg

Thanks for your work, Mario. I always feel bad when noting this and that on freeware planes. Same here. :blush: You folks are just amazing, putting out the results of long and hard work for free.

You are right, you mention the TCAS files in the readme of course. I did not intend to make it sound any different.

Your description on the VC and the pop-up poly sounds like the RXP gauge could have trouble showing up at the spot where the TCAS is now. I have to check that. Not a problem though.

Would there be a way to receive a model file without that poly? Means a flat space at that TCAS gauge spot for the RXP tweaking folks. :unsure:

RXP problems? quite the contrary, I was saying that the RXP will show just fine, and if you press the TFC button to activate the TCAS, it will pop just in front of it... you just need to place the RXP gauge instead of my MFD... it is nothing more than a default FS9 GPS presented in a different way and a couple more little things of not much importance: WX page is not a radar but just some numeric displays... It shuld not be a problem to replace the PFD and the ND with RXP ones if you wish... mine are 100% vector drawn, and integrated with the EICAS switches on the main panel (lower left), the display buttons on the pedestal & the simulation of the electrical busses/avionics/inverters circutry... so you might consider keeping those...

signature.jpg

Now I see what you mean, Mario. Apologies to you, I think the RXP will do just fine in the cockpit. Me previous text was without trying her, but now I did.

What a beauty. :Party:Note. I forgot to turn the lights on so you won't see the nice effect on the nav lights and things.

22298402.jpg

18929968.jpg

38479726.jpg

The manual also looks impressive. The only downside comes from my ENB mod running, it hurts the VC text a lot. I've just clicked around without knowing, but from the working switches and systems plus the useful popups, I expect this one to be very detailed. Amazing!

Now I have to set up my EZCA views to allow for some actual flying and operation. But this looks like fun and I agree with Ryan, the sound is pretty cool too.

There you go. The 530 works, with the popup clickspot and the VC appearance. All knobs operational.

60087193.jpg

Thanks again, Mario! :smile:

Now how cool is that interactive checklist? It also features a cold&dark switch for an easy startup state. Great idea.

63269742.jpg

Yes, I've pressed that switch while flying. :blush: I can tell that the prop feather mechanism works. :lol: Now lets find a landing site.

This is a beautiful model. I love the view from the VC. Anyone else having a slight delay when loading the plane?

9801.jpg

8612.jpg

4893.jpg

2204.jpg

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes, seems like some gauge initializes. I have something similar on some Carenado planes. Nice shots!

There you go. The 530 works, with the popup clickspot and the VC appearance. All knobs operational.

60087193.jpg

Thanks again, Mario! :smile:

Sharing is caring. How did you do it?

Yes, seems like some gauge initializes. I have something similar on some Carenado planes. Nice shots!

The only airplane I have a delay with is the FSD Commander 115TC. I still have it installed. It's a beauty!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.