Sign in to follow this  

So we can all agree?  THEE Guy(s) who can make knobs for corporate, and airline jet knobs, then sell them for $9.95 per set Throttle, Flap, Spoiler, (Heck Id even toss in the friction knobbette), would make a fairly good haul on this?

OR send it in a nice storage box.  Knobs for your favorite three aircraft.  They could make custom sets for Saitek.

Respectfully,

Jet

Her I have a DIY solution at probably 0$...

I started collecting bottle caps since i got my Saitek Pro Yoke a few years back. They work wonders! To make a throttle lever you need:

• 2x black plastic bottle caps
  • CA glue (or epoxy)
  • a swiss army knife, exacto knife or another cutting device.
  • optionally a hacksaw

How to:

1) cut a square hole on the side of one cap . That is where the saitek lever snaps in, so be very cautious to obtain a forced fit

2) saw off the top portion of the other cap

3) glue together the two caps.

I also had some packing foam laying around. Filled in the caps with that. Do not use polystyrene foam as it will simply disintegrate... you can fill in the inside with whatever you find that seems fitting... optional step.

I made 3 of those so Yan fly a 727, or use 2 and a prop lever for turbos (I use FSUIPC mix in prop and mix)...

I also have a spiler/airbrake lever made out of plastified carboard (glossy black!!) and filled with the qabove mentioned packing foam... nos to great looking, but the different tactile sensation makes sure you do not operate spoilers instead of throttles...

signature.jpg

OR?  Just take off the knobs and pretend.  :)  JK.  Creative, Ill give ya that!

Respectfully,

Jet

Don't contact Saitek, they won't help you at all.

I was looking for extra throttle heads and they told me over the phone they couldn't send me any because they don't produce extra separate from the product.

Your best bet is getting some from other Saitek users, like above.

UPDATE - Madcatz just sent me extra throttle caps and mounting screws no charge.

Respectfully,

Jet

What do you need, one knob? PM me

Hi!   Sorry to barge into your conversation, but I'm having a similar issue.  I need the blue knob AND the entire lever, as the throttle I bought has a broken middle lever.  I need to replace just the lever itself and the knob.  Do you have parts for this?

Thanks!

Dave

I am looking for a Black Knob.. if someone knows where I might be able purchase one (via PayPal)?

Thanks in advance

Joe Todaro

Hey Guys,

I had the same issue two or three years ago. I did send a nice mail to German Saitek Support and explained that I need such a second black knob and told them that it would be an improvement of their product to ship it with one spare knob directly.

After one week, I had mail from them with a single black knob :-)

So maybe you give it a try.

Greetings,

Sebastian

Hello All:

My Second (non yoke)  Saitek throttle quadrant came with an extra wide spare black knob that can span at least 3 levers. If you have one of these, You should be able to carefully saw it into at least 2 black power knobs. If all else fails, your local hardware store has cans of spray paint.

Good Luck:

Jim Elder

Does anybody have extra knobs that are willing to sell? I'm missing a black, a blue and a red. Saitek would not sell me a set.

PM me.

Thanks.

Ed

Saitek Throttle Handles: www.cockpitphd.com

They are selling the Boeing type and Airbus type.  Per my research, their prices are the cheapest with free worldwide shipping.

I am having a similar problem with regard fitting black knobs to my Saitek throttle. I have a single throttle at present, but need another one, when they finally get back on to the market ???,  as I've just recently purchased the Flight1  Dash8 Q 400, and the Flight1 King Air B200, both being turbo props. I have tried making knobs using 25mm OD plastic PVC pipe, but its a real pain filing the slots. So, having a GoFlight throttle, which I no longer use, I thought why not use the knobs off that. They have a side slot and are screwed onto the lever, and luckily the slot is just wider enough to fit the Saitek ones. So all I have to do is drill a hole in the Saitek lever and screw the knobs on. They are all white  so they just need a spray of black paint. Job done.

Neil Ward

CPU Intel Core i7 7740X@4.30Ghz with FrostFlow 240L Liquid Cooling, M/B ROG STRIX X299-E-GAMING, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4 Ripjaws Blue,