Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

Aerocache for July 31

This one should be interesting. Cape of the Prince. The westernmost airport on the North American continent.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

It's easier to find with Google Maps. :D

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It's easier to find with Google Maps. :D

Hook

SHHHHHH! You're not supposed to tell everyone.

Little hint - It's probably not the one you think it is. :rolleyes:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well, I got it, been there before But is not a little island off the shore of Atta called Peaked island the farest western point of the U.S. Or is it Amatignak island. It all depends on how you look at it? But not Cape of the prince by far. Of course Atta is not even modeled in Flight! The Japanese once held it for a short time in 1942.

Well, this one could have been a lot more challenging. It had the potential of requiring a bit more navigation and research.

However, I got it and then flew on and landed at Tin City. I picked up a short passenger job here and flew to Brevig Mission. When I pick back up, I'm going to take a job at Brevig to wherever it takes me and continue on.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

As usual, I made a flight plan, this time from Port Clarence to Buck Creek. Did a lot of touch-and-gos at all the airstrips in between and got the Centi-Explorer Achievement at the last one.

Best regards.

Luis

Luis - You didn't challenge the bridge at Tin City? :lol:

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

Bridge? Bridge? Did somebody say a... bridge?

Darn, I missed that one. Now, I gotta go back. Thanks for reminding me. Lucky I left the Cub parked, cold and dark on the apron. :lol:

Best regards.

Luis