Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Lancair Legacy VC - Red, Black & White

Tentatively done, after a day of nitpicking little issues I know of (specifically w/ the night lighting) it will be uploaded here and I'll get to finishing up another VC repaint

I designed this VC with Ron Attwoods repaint of N54NE in mind (pictured here).. Flashy, a little over the top, some subtle mood lighting and a lot of style. :) Tons of work went into this breaking down all the textures into a mountain of layers, re-writing all the panel text etc etc etc.. The norm..

7689434046_6362e13fb6_o.jpg

7689433786_e3a3675618_o.jpg

7689433550_a5643b9978_o.jpg

7689433342_7bb0770045_o.jpg

7689433096_c26b4840f7_o.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thanks guys.. I think I am 100% done now and should be packing it up tonight.. I completely redid the night textures from scratch and am 100% pleased with the results this time around.. About as natural as lighting as I can come up with using fake lights. At least I shook off my Photoshop light rendering rust.. Haven't used that filter that much in ages.

7694174364_8ac0daa9de_o.jpg

7694174150_fc6df49cd2_o.jpg

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Man o man I can't wait for this. Wow is an understatement. I search all the time for VC mods and yours is by far the best I have seen on a plane yet.

Waiting for the link.

Thanks for your contribution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks really nice - but there is a white/pink circle at the bottom of the turn-coordinator that looks out of place..

Bert

Oh my gosh I thought I rid of that! It was a accidental erase tool click I didn't notice I did. I fixed it but apparently had the wrong layer active when making the final save. I'll take care of it. Sorry about that.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Indeed. Fixed package is uploaded to the file library so keep a look out..

Hello guys,

I'm having problems installing the repaint...

There is no texture,cfg section to paste so I just copied the texture to the lancair folder but it doesn't show in the list of installed aircraft...?

Thanks in advance,

Hello guys,

I'm having problems installing the repaint...

There is no texture,cfg section to paste so I just copied the texture to the lancair folder but it doesn't show in the list of installed aircraft...?

Thanks in advance,

Hiya. :)

This isn't a aircraft, it's just a variant of a cockpit to use in an existing aircraft.. Each folder for a livery contains texture.cfg... This contains "fallback" paths..

What this means is if a file isn't in the root directory it is going to read texture.cfg and see if it can find the files in the directories listed there..

For example in the folder "Texture.N122LL" the texture.cfg reads as

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture.VC_Black_Grey

fallback.2=..\Texture

Since no cockpit files are in the root directory it is going to check for them in the first place on the list: "Texture.VC_Black_Grey"

In turn the cockpit of that aircraft will be the Black and Grey variant..

If you wanted my cockpit repaint in that aircraft you would change it to:

[fltsim]

fallback.1=..\Texture.VC_Red_Black_White

fallback.2=..\Texture

Nice work!

This will also fit nicely in Ron's N913MP

That is beautifull work on the VC textures.!!