Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

The best Airbus for FSX GOLD?

Ok, so now that I am back at FSX, and very happy with it, I am also back to find "the perfect Airbus A319/20/21".

In the past I have used Phoenix, then Wilco's Airbus Collection (1st edition). Then, after being away for so long, I really need advice on what to get.

- Should I still get my Wilco installers for the original Airbus collection A319/20/21?

- What about the "Black Box" offer - I suppose it's Phoenix reborn....

- There is also something from "FlightSim Labs" in the works... should I wait?

- What about the one from Aerosoft? I read it's basic (?)

Any suggestions welcome! Thx in advance ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wait for the FSlabs version.

The only Airbus im waiting for is the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended but i might buy the normal one as well when i have upgraded my pc.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/49292-airbus-x-extended/

I also have the Wilco Airbus Collection ( the first one ) but i used it until i learnt its fmc then took it out of my hanger as ive been spoilt by better quality addons so im never going to use it again

-Paul-

I take it, you already got the Wilco A32x? If so, I'd stick with them till FSL release their Airbus, as I guess theirs is gonna be the best of all. As for the Black Box I can't say anything, but that it is indeed the reborn Phoenix.

I also got the Aerosoft Airbus X, but that one behaved kind of crazy on my computer, so I flew it only once, and then removed it from my hanger.

The FSlabs external model looks great but the Aerosoft vc looks better textured at this point in time and as i fly the vc, the vc texture quality will be the winner for me between those two as ive only just seen the FSlabs Airbus.

As they are both not finished its to early to tell which one i will buy.

-Paul-

Ok guys! Thx for the suggestions :-)

I will probably install back my Wilco Airbus Collection, and wait for the Aerosoft AirbusX or the FSLabs... Of course having Lefteris behind a project is allways good to know ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The only Airbus im waiting for is the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended but i might buy the normal one as well when i have upgraded my pc.

Although the Extended might come out to be OK, don't get the normal one (I assume you are referring to the original Airbus X) -> full of bugs, and critical/showstopper ones.

I recently purchased the BBS Prologue Airbus. It's basically a sound product, but I have seen better (particularly Boeing's).

Certainly I'd have wished for more clickable buttons, more operational systems (no TCAS, WX radar, stand-by radios, too many dummy non-functional buttons), and improved external visuals, plus a greater flow of support and release information. Let me see how things progress; I will reserve my personal interim judgement until the next update has been released.

I considered buying the Airbus Evolution, but I despise it's night-time cockpit lighting, and I didn't opt for the Airbus X as it solely models the A320 and it doesn't support SID's/STAR's.

I'm mostly happy with my choice, though, for me, the BBS product was the only really viable choice for flying an Airbus here and now (the remaining contenders have for the moment no actual FSX product). I have no issues with buying "in development" products, as it is very clear with BBS what is being sold.

I'm expecting great things from the BBS Airbus. They have set remarkably high expectation levels for their Prologue and X'treme products, indeed, the price reflects this, but I am hopeful that they will, in the end, achieve great success.

BTW, I'm a beginner when it comes to Airbuses, I have L-plates attached to my tail plane; what I have reported didn't need in-depth Airbus knowledge to ascertain, it's just my experience so far. 

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

Although the Extended might come out to be OK, don't get the normal one (I assume you are referring to the original Airbus X) -> full of bugs, and critical/showstopper ones.

Thanks for the heads up :)

Im not in any rush as i need to upgrade my pc first so time is on my side atm, so bad is the need to upgrade i have cable ties holding my H100 cooler to the side of my case ( coolermaster scout ), and the i7-920 i have atm was cooked alive in my wifes pc and it has issues now, i gave her my i7-960 to stop the over heat issues, bsod's she kept having with the 920, my GTX470 has issues of its own and it needs to be replaced before it decides to give up :(

Ive had to decide on a Ivybridge 3770K based set up instead of my planned 6 core Sandybridge-E build as i dont know how long the 920 will last so its more urgent to replace the cpu than process of saving up for the SB-E based build i was planning so in about 2 weeks i will have the new cpu and motherboard as i have bills to pay first :(

My pc has been a real money pit but with the new build around the 3770K i hope it will be good for a good 3 years maybe :)

-Paul-

Probably FSLabs one will be better than Aerosoft Advanced one, at least in terms of systems. From what I have seen it seems that FSLabs one is going to be just like their Concorde, extremely well high quality system simulation, like NGX of Airbus models.

Hi

For my personal experience i think that the wilco airbus vol1 evolution is the better addon airbus (A318-19-20-21) for fsx. I know that wilco isn't very loved into the world the simulation but today i believe there are not big offers from others software house. Anyway the cockpit the wilco series are not is did ugly. the fmc works it well.

I have the Aerosoft one and the cockpit is modelled very nicely, but as you said, it's basic.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg