Sign in to follow this  

'Pause' AirHauler?

I bought AirHauler at a local store a few days ago. The full product works absolutely wonderfully for me. It even prompted me to check JustFlight's support site to download the latest SP. I don't think you'll have a problem with the full version.

Ah, ok, so it's still alive... :wink: I would like to give the demo a try nonetheless: I'd like to know for instance how easy it is to restrict flights to for instance PNW. I can ask all that here but I would have loved to give it a try myself.

What site is offline? The stats portal is online and the support forums are in the just flight forums. Drop a message there and ask them about the demo.

What site is offline? The stats portal is online and the support forums are in the just flight forums. Drop a message there and ask them about the demo.

The Air Hauler site! Where I should be able to read all about this addon. :wink: I find it a bit uncomfortable to buy an addon while the site of the addon/dev is offline... Don't know what's the use of that portal for someone who doesn't own the addon...?

I'll have a look at the support forums: thanks!

EDIT

Ah, found the answer to my demo question on that forum. Someone asked:

"Iam interested in Air Hauler and downloaded the Demo. But When I run it I get the message it's Expired. Not sure why?"

And Slopey answered:

"Because it has expired!

I'm aware of the issue, and updating the demo is on my list but it'll take me a little while to build a new one.

In the meantime, you can always buy AirHauler from JustFlight who have a no-quibble 30 days refund policy. If you don't like it - just put it back!

(includes downloads!)"

That was in february... Busy guy apparently. So I thought: 'Let's download it: I can get a refund if I don't like it! Nice! But first let's check if that's true'. And I found this in the JustFlight website:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to keep track of installations, un-installations, removing or deleting downloadable software on customer’s PCs and therefore we are unable to issue refunds for downloadable products once the download link has been made available and/or any relevant activation key has been supplied."

I also read elsewhere that the site has been offline since january/february...? So no demo for months, no site for months, wrong information about refunds... This doesn't help me feeling more comfortable with it all, really... :huh: I understand everyone is really happy with the addon and that it works like a charm for you all, but I'll pass for now.

The main AirHauler website. It's been down since I started looking at this software. http://www.airhauler.net/

Says you can access the pilots portal (this makes zero sense to newcomers). I'm also not keen to spend money on a product with a broken website. In fact it isn't going to happen.

I also read elsewhere that the site has been offline since january/february...? So no demo for months, no site for months, wrong information about refunds... This doesn't help me feeling more comfortable with it all, really... :huh: I understand everyone is really happy with the addon and that it works like a charm for you all, but I'll pass for now.

Wow. Thanks for the research anyway. I'll be passing on this one. Such a pity really.

I purchased directly from JustFlight (download) in the summer sale. I also had to use support a couple of times and I got quick answers from both JustFlight and the developer himself.

Nothing to be concerned about. All the info you need for the product is on the Justflight site anyway (along with the support forum)

Oh, and yes, there is a slider that lets you restrict the job distance from your base.

I'm also not keen to spend money on a product with a broken website. In fact it isn't going to happen.

Glad I am not the only one. :wink:

Remember that Just Flight allows a 30 day return if you aren't happy.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Remember that Just Flight gives a 30 day comeback return if you aren't happy.

Er... read my post #18...?

Er... read my post #18...?

In the BAE 146 Topic Just Flight says they give a return on all Just Flight products within 30 days, I would link to it if I wasn't on travel and limited to my phone.

From what you want, you should go with Ideal Flight, regardless of there 1990's era website, it is a fantastic piece of software with a great dev behind it that takes requests for new features and updates once or twice a month. I can't believe you wouldn't use it because the website looks old... When is the last time you visited the official FSUIPC site? It isn't flashy at all yet many devs rely on that excellent software for their products to interface with FSX...

Ever seen the movie Shallow Hal?

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

It looks like Ideal Flight is now being distributed by Flight1 as well........now they certainly have a 30 day money back option.

I can't believe you wouldn't use it because the website looks old...

I didn't say that at all...! :wink: I have the idea Ideal Flight mainly presents you with automatically created flights: there seems to be no career or businuess stuff involved. That's why I decided Idea Flight isn't for me. The remarks about the site didn't have anything to do with my choice. Having a not too good site is better then having a site offline for half a year... :wink:

It looks like Ideal Flight is now being distributed by Flight1 as well........now they certainly have a 30 day money back option.

Nice, but I was interested in Air Hauler. :wink:

I must say, in defence of JustFlight, I've never had any problems with them. It's just the AirHauler chaps themselves that don't leave me feeling warm and fuzzy.

Put it this way: I've never bought a product made by a company that's had a "our website will be fixed soon" message for months on end. Not going to start now. Attention to detail applies to all aspects of a business and its products, and the fact that we have to rummage around for information elsewhere should not be necessary.

The least they could do is get rid of the maintenance message and give us a link to a site that DOES have some information, and maybe even a purchase link. It was my first impression of air hauler, after having heard the name and googling it. Not a good start. Only a few days later did I have any idea what Air Hauler actually was thanks to the forums and review here at avsim. I have no doubt they're losing sales because of that website, mine included.

Nice, but I was interested in Air Hauler

Understood!

I still dont think you need worry about Air Hauler......its a great addon with great support. I have never even tried to visit the dedicated website until you just mentioned it...I have always used the JustFlight webpage and support forum page.

Jeroen,

Air Hauler has been around for a few years now and it is a nice simulation which has some really cool features one of which is that it can be run as a simulation independent of Flight Simulator. If you have any doubts about the software or support, I would suggest that you head to the Air Hauler forum loacted in the Just Flight forums at http://forum.justflight.com/ which is where support for Air Hauler has been ever since its release.

Its a great piece of software and what it does it does well. It is still very much supported by the developer and very well I might add. The website (Airhauler.net) really has nothing to do with the software and what web functionalitiy there is in the software itself, which is only for comparing stats and companies of other users, works just fine.