Sign in to follow this  
FlyDelta

Canadair Regional Jet?

Hi :),

Does anybody know of any great CRJ addons? Any model.

Thanks and great flying,

Nico

For FS2004, you can try the Wilco Publishing CRJ which includes the 200, 700 and 900.

I think you won't find anything better for FS9.

Trevor

Are they any good

They are rather average. Quite old now and the external model looks a bit weird. But you won't find anything better.

There are both the 2D and 3D panels and relatively complex systems including FMS with updatable navdata. Look for some reviews.

The Wilco/Feelthere CRJ's are quite old and dated now. I still fly mine regularly since I like CRJ's!

The FMC can be updated by Navigraph data (payware.) It's weakest point is probably the VC. Comes with a couple of videos - a tutorial and a 'mood' piece.

On special a snap - standard price well you make up your own mind.

Good luck.

Thanks guys for the posts!

I too love the CRJ's so I may end up downloading it in the end even though the VC is what Im looking for. Maybe some tweakas and addons can help that?

I will definately update the FMC thanks for the info!

Nico

Unless you are really desperate, there are much better things to spend your money on than the Wilco CRJ. Even when it was new it wasn't all that good - mine lasted on my hard drive for a few weeks and I deleted it. Sorry to sound so negative but I really do think there are other products you could buy that would be better value for your money...

Thanks Kiwi,

In that case what would you say is better? I dont mind Embraers or 737's either but Ive got a 737 that I enjoy flying :)

Nico

Are they any good though? :)

Uhhrrrrrrr... No.

Stay away from them.

EDIT:

The VA I'm running (Scandinavian VA) also has the CRJ-900 so we were looking for a good aircraft/panel as well.

Unfortunately there isn't.

But, as a 2nd best solution, I have merged the Posky CRJ-900 with the Feelthere E-170 panel and flight model.

Basically they are the same types of aircraft and cockpit.

The merge functions great.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Thanks Kiwi,

In that case what would you say is better? I dont mind Embraers or 737's either but Ive got a 737 that I enjoy flying :)

Nico

Hi Nico

My advice is stick with iFly 737 as it sets the bar for the best in FS9 airliners. The regional jet to have is the QW146, if you want something that's a bit "retro." The FeelThere E-Jets product would give you the EMB 170-190 line to fly. A lot of people really like it. For some reason I never got really immersed in it, though the flight model is outstanding. (I will be giving it another try soon, now I have my new system set up.)

If regional is your thing, the Flight1 ATR is an absolute classic.

Ian

Boy, I sure wish there was a good CRJ payware out there.

The Posky Crj-700/900 model is very nice. (not the 200). If you couple it with skydecks panel it's rather good

Thanks so much for the info. I will definetly check out all of them.

Yes, the iFly is absolutely great. Ive flown that one a good bit. I also just got a new setup and will boot that sometime this week hopefully.

Thanks again,

Nico

Boy, I sure wish there was a good CRJ payware out there.

The Posky Crj-700/900 model is very nice. (not the 200). If you couple it with skydecks panel it's rather good

Is the VC view any good? Thats mainly what I fly on

Well, for FS9 standars it's average. You can't really expect a very good virtual cockpit in fs2004, as virtual cockpits really came into use in FSX. When I play fs2004, I always use 2d panel. The only panel I use in 3d in fs2004 is the ifly.

The iFly VC is very nice, comparable to FSX. Although I dont mind the 2-D as long as it looks a bit 3D like it is designe in the iFly. I do like that setup. Is it anything like that :)

Nico