Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

A couple of monitor questions.

Hi

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. Currently I have a nice LCD 19" monitor. I am wanting to go up to something like a 27" or 31". There should be no performance changes with a bigger monitor right? What's the best resolution etc for fsx?

Also, what I am also thinking is getting another 19" and have dual monitors. I have a AMD Radeon 6450 1gb video card, will I see a performance drop with two monitors? I've heard there can be one. Is that video card capable of running two screens?

The next question is sort of a preference. One thing that has always made me hesitant about having more then 1 monitor ( those big wrap around monitors look nice... But big size probably equals big $$$) is that when one monitor ends there's a space where the new one starts like the black around the actual screen. Do you find that this gets in the way?

And finally (sorry) how do you find that a multi monitor setup works without trackir?

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions.

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

You will see a performance decrease in either scenario you mention. You should get a faster graphics card as well. Also, try to go with Nvidia rather than AMD, at least if you want to run MSFS.

Thanks for replying.

I get great performance with fsx right now. 30-40 fps with ngx vc in Orbx or Uk2000 LHR.

How much of a performance decrease will I see with a 27" monitor? A 25"?

Like 5 fps or 20?

Thanks

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

It's hard to estimate, even high end cards lose a size able percentage of FPS in the scenario you're envisioning, you current card might not provide smooth rendering at those resolutions as it just lacks the bandwidth to tackle a problem of that magnitude.