Sign in to follow this  
poplar

Still some new content to be released - whoop!

Whats cruel is that my best work my never be seen.

I understand your pain, that's for sure!

On the other hand you have to add the pain of thousands soft-core simmers tearing their hair out and crying "Why, why did you do that to us?"

To be honest, at this stage who really cares? Microsoft did not follow through on what looked to be a very promising platform. They took around NZ $50 off me for the bare bones of a game (the boxed FS9 only cost me around NZ $90) and tnen pulled the plug with no warning. I am not a happy chappie and will not drool at the mouth over some extra tid bits they may or may not throw at me.

My last word on this subject.

To be honest, at this stage who really cares? Microsoft did not follow through on what looked to be a very promising platform. They took around NZ $50 off me for the bare bones of a game (the boxed FS9 only cost me around NZ $90) and tnen pulled the plug with no warning. I am not a happy chappie and will not drool at the mouth over some extra tid bits they may or may not throw at me.

My last word on this subject.

I doubt that.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I certainly would not mind seeing any new content released that may have already been cooked up prior to the announcement. I do intend to continue with Flight , although probaby not as much as previously, as long as I can. Any new content would help that cause for me as well.

Here is the message from the other guy on the Steam Forums about that last plane. No mention of Scenery

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31981071&postcount=11

Hello!

My name is Solicest and I am a Community Manager with Microsoft Game Studios. I will be working with Loki to make sure that the Community and Customer Support continues for Microsoft Flight.

(I am also the Community Manager for Age of Empires.)

We do have another plane 'on the shelf' as it were. We are still investigating the possibility of it release. When we have more information to share we most certainly will.

Both Loki and I will be here, and on Facebook, listening, communicating what we can, and doing our best to respond to you all.

As for the Daily Aerocaches etc. this is something we will have to look into.

And, sadly, that's a major improvement, since formerly, Microsoft wouldn't have even confirmed the time of day.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I am no through with Flight - still a lot things to do there for me. Another plane would be great, and I am ready to pay the money.

I'm hoping it's something a little bigger and a fair bit faster than the Maule.

I'm hoping even more that it's whatever Kevin's "best work ever" happened to be.

I'll be ecstatic if it's both. B)

zbIM0.png

Please god make it a Jet, and an SDK - then we will be happy forevermore.

"We will look into getting that to you" pretty much means "don't count on it".

Dont count on the SDK getting released. Its so tied into the Live platform that Flight would need a MAJOR edit for it to accept external non-Live DLC. Also, for MS to sell 3rd party, they would need to keep a team just to QC everything before putting it on the market, not to mention the legal issues that would crop up. I dont think MS would see it worth the bother to further support what they see is a failed product.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

I hope it's something like the 208 caravan which would be best for cargo and passenger missions.

Cessna.208b.n208nj.arp.jpg

It's odd because I would never have entertained the idea of buying something like the Cub for FSX. I did for Flight.

I also want to buy whatever, if anything is made available for what is essentially an unfinished game which has huge potential, but is a dead platform. Why?

Because it feels great.

I've been hoping for something like a Caravan since Hawaii came out... but now, with Jobs probably forever limited to 4 passengers now, it might be a bit overkill.

It would be better than the Maule for the next time I need to haul 987 lbs of cats 254nm, though.

I agree F16.. I do not have access to the profits that MS made on Flight, however, it would seem that while I fly in Flight everyone seems to have bought the DLC that was released. Even people that promised to never buy planes without cockpits. LOL Can't see why they aren't able to continue production. Should take a chance on a jet and see what the customers do... If they purchase it cool, if they don't then can the program. My two cents.

I wonder if the permission to use Cessna aircraft went over to LM. My guess for a new aircraft would go to a smaller company or one that they have permissions from already.