Sign in to follow this  
fakeflyer737

A/T Disengage on T/O and ENG FAIL in the air

Right,

Im using FSUIPC to run my Saitek Throlles (duel), Yoke and Pedals through. So on takeoff with AT Armed I usually put my throttle up 40% stabilize and hit the Takeoff Thrust key, and sometime the A/T disengages after a few moments. Also, in the air with the NGX in A/T and VNAV modes all of a sudden I get a Dual ENG fail and then after I wait a few seconds they come back to life. Now, I know I could put a ticket through but I thought I'd ask first. I have the latest updates and Im running FS2Crew with it too.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have the same problem with a/t disconnect on takeoff sometimes. I dont have fs2crew, seems to hapen more often on specific addon airports to me..?

Do you have throttle overide to "never"? If it is to "always" and one of your throttle spikes the AT can disconnect when a large throttle differential is commanded.

Right,

Im using FSUIPC to run my Saitek Throlles (duel), Yoke and Pedals through. So on takeoff with AT Armed I usually put my throttle up 40% stabilize and hit the Takeoff Thrust key, and sometime the A/T disengages after a few moments. Also, in the air with the NGX in A/T and VNAV modes all of a sudden I get a Dual ENG fail and then after I wait a few seconds they come back to life. Now, I know I could put a ticket through but I thought I'd ask first. I have the latest updates and Im running FS2Crew with it too.

I have the same problem with a/t disconnect on takeoff sometimes. I dont have fs2crew, seems to hapen more often on specific addon airports to me..?

I believe the intro manual covers this, but Jay has posted the most likely issue:

Do you have throttle overide to "never"? If it is to "always" and one of your throttle spikes the AT can disconnect when a large throttle differential is commanded.

As Jay said, make sure your settings (which you change in the FMC Menu Options) for your throttles are set to NEVER.

Kyle Rodgers

Thats what I dont understand. The Option in the FMC is set to NEVER and it still gives me ENG FAIL during flight and disconnects on takeoff, its very very annoying because sometimes it gets so bad I stall the plane.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Well if the engine is failing, then it's definitely going to kick the AT off. Check to see you don't have any active failures (I think failures will save with the panel state, so if you're using a saved panel state with a failure in it...).

Kyle Rodgers

Well if the engine is failing, then it's definitely going to kick the AT off.

I'm going to disagree with this. Firstly, there is no such criteria of disconnection stated in FCOM. Secondly, QRH and FCTM requires to manually disengage A/T at first.

The only reason I can think: significant thrust difference along with control wheel roll input of 10 degrees or more, flap up to 10. This could cause A/T to disengage, but definitely not on take off roll after 84kt.

Ya,

I've checked everything, its denfently not a non normal thing with the NGX, its some sort of bug with the NG. Its not failures, even when its says ENG FAIL and I got to the Failures page it says nothing is active and I clear everything and it still doesnt start my engines, then all of sudden they work then fail again.

Ron Hamilton

Ya,

I've checked everything, its denfently not a non normal thing with the NGX, its some sort of bug with the NG. Its not failures, even when its says ENG FAIL and I got to the Failures page it says nothing is active and I clear everything and it still doesnt start my engines, then all of sudden they work then fail again.

Just curious, how are you loading the NGX? Because I get the same engine fail message when I use fsrecorder to play back the video of my flights. Like you stated, the engines eventually stabilize as the NGX finishes initializing, so maybe you're loading the NGX in a manner such that it's not properly initializing when you first load the flight.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpgsig_TheBusIveBeenWaitingFor.jpg

Alfredo Terrero

Just curious, how are you loading the NGX? Because I get the same engine fail message when I use fsrecorder to play back the video of my flights. Like you stated, the engines eventually stabilize as the NGX finishes initializing, so maybe you're loading the NGX in a manner such that it's not properly initializing when you first load the flight.

Yes, I always load the Default Trike into FSX at the airport, then I load the NGX then I select a Panel State; usually Short sometimes long. I reinstalled the NGX and it still happening, and Im loading it from PMDG Panel state, not one I made.

Ron Hamilton

Yes, I always load the Default Trike into FSX at the airport, then I load the NGX then I select a Panel State; usually Short sometimes long. I reinstalled the NGX and it still happening, and Im loading it from PMDG Panel state, not one I made.

I used to do that with the MD-11 but if I remember correctly (I could be wrong) Tabs told us not to do that with the NGX, just make sure FSX initially loads with a default aircraft like the trike (at the free flight options level not actually load up the airport and flight) then select the NGX from aircrafts and start our flight as we wish, just make sure we let it initialise during load up. This is how I have been doing it with the NGX and it has been fine.

I'm going to disagree with this. Firstly, there is no such criteria of disconnection stated in FCOM. Secondly, QRH and FCTM requires to manually disengage A/T at first.

Stand corrected. Thanks. Should've checked the FM, but I was at work.

Kyle Rodgers

I have the same failure with A/T disengage after TO/GA and set to "never". I thought it was only me, but seems like we are a few.

Anyone elso who fx only see "7," at the DME2 at FO seat - and not fx "7,3" - it's outside the screen.

/Baudie

I used to have the same issue. I have a CH Throttle Quad and use FSUIPC to assign and calibrate. What I found was that using your method (I used to use it) it would drop out. I started to increase my throttles to near the TO thrust limit after pausing to stabilize at 40% and after that engage the A/T and have never had an issue since.

I can't explain why but for me it works. I also had "Never" set as well.

In my experience this is NOT a NGX issue but rather one dealing with the throttle axis and calibration. Unplug and reseat the device. Then carefully calibrate (take your time moving the throttle) and set definite null zones at top and bottom. It may take a reboot. The PFC controls I use are particularly finicky to set up but once you do so it works- flawlessly. I too recommend moving the throttles "up". I have set a fairly large null zone up top so that there is NO spurious input sent whilst they are up. I too pause at 40%, push TOGA and then move them quickly forward.

It takes a few moments, but recalibrate, exit FSX, then restart and all should be well..... let us know....

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper