Sign in to follow this  
FlyDelta

The "Chase" View

If anyone has been like me and peeked into the world of FSX only to find that FS9 is better, you may have noticed the FSX views given. One, that i just CANNOT find anywhere is the chase view.

Has anyone had luck finding this and making it work on FS9?

Nico

Nico, I am not quite sure what you call 'chase 'view. In FS9, you get the chase view by pressing key 'S' twice. If you press 'S' once you get the virtual cockpit view, twice the chase view, and three times the so called 'tower view' . You can revert back to the previous view each time by pressing shift S.

In case you're looking the free camera view in FS9, there's none, you must add payware modules like DBC Walk and follow or Active Camera.

When you start you should be set in the VC already so just hit "S" once. Then it should be the outside view follow or locked follow. Hold space and move the camera with the mouse in locked follow cam and set it behind the plane. Viola!

When you start you should be set in the VC already so just hit "S" once. Then it should be the outside view follow or locked follow. Hold space and move the camera with the mouse in locked follow cam and set it behind the plane. Viola!

I will try as soon as I get my new system running. Thanks!

Nico

I think you can sort of get the view from fs recorder?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Louise

London, UK

As another member mentioned, FS-Recorder is great for setting up FS-X style views. In addition, it lets you record flights and play them back within MSFS. You can even play back recorded flights as traffic, something I enjoy when I am flying Ultralights in the sim.

You can get more info at FS-Recorder's website: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Regards,

John

Panning VC can be achieved by simply enabling it inside the fs9.cfg. Not an option from the custom option menu though. Cant remember right now which entry it is, but I will post it here if anyone asks.

I use DBS Walk and Follow which is especially good for interesting screenshot angles.

Although I use it (a lot, for recording) I seem to remember Recorder Module camera setup was a bit clunky but then I may just be lazy.

Be interested to hear from RM users what you can do with it.