Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

About to settle and buy, but need an FSX expert

Dude, don't, just don't.

I suggest you save for a few months and buy a better quality rig, that way you will be able to play modern games and FSX, instead of buying super cheap crap now, be patient.

It's not worth it to buy that thing now as you won't run many games, saving is better, will get you better parts.

Save to like 1000-1300 and you'll have a good PC.

And no, DON'T BUY AMD.

Definitley be patient and save a bit more. Nothing will ruin your day like spending money on a PC that absolutely won't do what you're wanting. Save, listen to the recommendations and you'll be a lot better off and happier to boot.

No idea who that is or what he's running so can't answer that. You asked for experienced FSX users to give you advice. What you do with it is up to you.

One question tho. How does Jon5700 run FSX so good with a q6600 @ 2.4 ghz and a GTX 470!?????????

FSX is CPU bound (it does a lot of stuff besides graphics), the q6600 was better internally than other chips in its time.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

No idea who that is or what he's running so can't answer that. You asked for experienced FSX users to give you advice. What you do with it is up to you.

He is a quite famous FSX youtuber. And I know I asked for advice which thank you.

FSX is CPU bound (it does a lot of stuff besides graphics), the q6600 was better internally than other chips in its time.

But, it seems like it runs a hek-of-alot better than others who have like i7's

maybe it is dipped in liquid nitrogen and runs at 8GHz

One question tho. How does Jon5700 run FSX so good with a q6600 @ 2.4 ghz and a GTX 470!?????????

I might have missed this post... but what defines "good?" Good to me might be excellent for someone else...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Good to me sounds like something that can do constant max settings at fixed 30fps in the rain and snow

- I don't mean use it outside I mean sim rain and snow :lol:

Ya, I have. But it's also true that there is very very slight performance difference between a $400 i7 and an AMD quad core. Yes intel makes good processors, but you are not limited to A i5 of i7 to make FSX run good.

Hello

That is nearly the most stupid statement I have seen in all my years visiting Avsim.

And believe me over the years there have been some gems.

Minimum I52500K OC > 4.0

Minimum a good GTX card >= 560

Minimum 8gb 1600mhz >= 8-8-24

Anything else below that and your wasting your money, harsh but true.

nearly

you've been reading mine!

Hello

That is nearly the most stupid statement I have seen in all my years visiting Avsim.

eek it was a bit harsh... but I'm guessing his computer tech told him that...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello

His computer tech clueless, but the OP will spend his $900, then spend out again when he realises his tech knew zero about running FSX.

The guy has had all the advise he needs in this thread, he will ignore all of it and will probably end up with an AMD quad and an ATI card.

Hello

His computer tech clueless, but the OP will spend his $900, then spend out again when he realises his tech knew zero about running FSX.

The guy has had all the advise he needs in this thread, he will ignore all of it and will probably end up with an AMD quad and an ATI card.

I NEVER said I would do that.