Sign in to follow this  
Luis_KMIA

Happy 1st NGX release anniversary!

I remember Thursday evening of August 4, 2011 getting ready for bed, and checking my computer one last time only to find out the NGX was ready!

Some losers based overseas tried to ruin the party with a DoS attack, which was quickly countered.

The NGX worked like a charm from the start, and needless to say, I showed up with little sleep, but lost of adrenaline to work the next day.

CONGRATULATIONS PMDG TEAM! You have set a very high bar, and I can't wait for the 777, 747v2, and whatever comes after that.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

I too want to celebrate the one year that the NGX has transformed Flight Simulation as the world has know it. Happy Anniversary PMDG- Bravo Zulu!

In the time I have been privileged to "fly" this magnificent creation my sim world has been transformed. It is because of her that I now use FSX exclusively. I was one of those die hard FS9 users that clung to my G-CIVX kicking and screaming. The MD-11 and J-41 did not change that. It took the NGX.

It is because of her that I have pottered all around Europe, in and out of heretofore unimagined destinations like Eindhoven, Larnaca, Ibiza, Derry, Knock and Aahrus. My flight operations prior to this were confined to destinations like Hong-Kong, Singers and London, Heathrow. An occasional freight op might have taken me to Bakku or Sharja. They were long hours of ETPs and EROPS and while I enjoyed them I knew not what I was missing. Truth be told, no one did, for there was nothing like the NGX before it burst on scene.

Now, my sim life consists of one hour route segments so often that a 2.5hr routing becomes long-haul. I hand fly most SIDs and STARS for the sheer joy of it. I find myself immersed in 737 lore, buying everything my iPad can hold so that I can better understand the nuances of short haul operations in the archetypal short-haul airframe. Bill Bulfer's iPad apps and Chris Brady's Technical Guide are must haves.

With FSX streaming fantastic visuals through brilliantly realistic windscreens, Vangelis' accurate physics, Vin & Jason's ground-breaking 3D modeling, my Bose sound system delivering awesome rumbling using Armen's superlative sound set and my hand on my yoke and throttle quadrant; I am able (if only for an hour each day)"to slip the surly bonds of earth and reach out and touch the face of God."

PMDG may be a microcosm in the macrocosm of the computer world, but for this one bloke (actually I know at least a few others- Steve, Paul, Craig & Matt) it has been the one thing that allows for a few moments of respite, far from the madding crowd. Thanks team, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RSR- you have touched my life so many times and not even known it. I shall be ever grateful.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Im a proud member from Platinum Airways since 2010, and from 2011, a few days after the 737 came out and I could buy NGX only flight this ship and so far I have almost 500 hours flight only with this device. :P

Apart from this, I recommend a true virtual line (KISS), keeping simple....

http://www.platinumairways.org/home

Regards fellows simmers.

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

CONGRATULATIONS PMDG TEAM!

NGX is the best of the best !

João Alfredo

It is impossible to please Greeks and Trojans

É impossivel agradar Gregos e Troianos

I too want to celebrate the one year that the NGX has transformed Flight Simulation as the world has know it. Happy Anniversary PMDG- Bravo Zulu!

In the time I have been privileged to "fly" this magnificent creation my sim world has been transformed. It is because of her that I now use FSX exclusively. I was one of those die hard FS9 users that clung to my G-CIVX kicking and screaming. The MD-11 and J-41 did not change that. It took the NGX.

It is because of her that I have pottered all around Europe, in and out of heretofore unimagined destinations like Eindhoven, Larnaca, Ibiza, Derry, Knock and Aahrus. My flight operations prior to this were confined to destinations like Hong-Kong, Singers and London, Heathrow. An occasional freight op might have taken me to Bakku or Sharja. They were long hours of ETPs and EROPS and while I enjoyed them I knew not what I was missing. Truth be told, no one did, for there was nothing like the NGX before it burst on scene.

Now, my sim life consists of one hour route segments so often that a 2.5hr routing becomes long-haul. I hand fly most SIDs and STARS for the sheer joy of it. I find myself immersed in 737 lore, buying everything my iPad can hold so that I can better understand the nuances of short haul operations in the archetypal short-haul airframe. Bill Bulfer's iPad apps and Chris Brady's Technical Guide are must haves.

With FSX streaming fantastic visuals through brilliantly realistic windscreens, Vangelis' accurate physics, Vin & Jason's ground-breaking 3D modeling, my Bose sound system delivering awesome rumbling using Armen's superlative sound set and my hand on my yoke and throttle quadrant; I am able (if only for an hour each day)"to slip the surly bonds of earth and reach out and touch the face of God."

PMDG may be a microcosm in the macrocosm of the computer world, but for this one bloke (actually I know at least a few others- Steve, Paul, Craig & Matt) it has been the one thing that allows for a few moments of respite, far from the madding crowd. Thanks team, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY RSR- you have touched my life so many times and not even known it. I shall be ever grateful.

Nicely put, Mr. Avari-Cooper. I remember feeling like a 55 year old kid on Christmas morning. I bet I get the same feelings for the 777, 747v2, and DC-6.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I can not believe its been a whole year. The time has just flown. The year leading up to the NGX not so much. The NGX is really the only airplane I fly. I also fly the VRS Superbug and the Queen on the odd long haul but the NGX is so superior that it is hard to fly any other airplane. Happy aniversary PMDG!

Mike Keigley

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I wrote this about the NGX almost a year ago now, and it still holds:

The PMDG NGX "IS the BENCHMARK" now for FSX and beyond!

Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

The NGX is awesome.

I have my own thoughts on the DDoS, but best to stay on the high road... We were told the new system PMDG employs will be smooth sailing so I'm anticipating no isses with the 777 release.

I'm still hoping for shared cockpit... one day. I'm sure there are others waiting for BBJ and MILs. I'm sure there are still those who want some miniscule detail changed (wiper blades, door position, etc...) But in the end, I'm sure almost all of us can agree that the NGX is one of the best addon aircraft in FSX history. No exaggerations.

Thanks PMDG.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

We were told the new system PMDG employs will be smooth sailing so I'm anticipating no isses with the 777 release.

Yes, but that is what they said for the NGX. No system is unable to be hacked.

Let's just hope the people that DDoS'd them learnt their lesson.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I remember Thursday evening of August 4, 2011 getting ready for bed, and checking my computer one last time only to find out the NGX was ready!

Some losers based overseas tried to ruin the party with a DoS attack, which was quickly countered.

The NGX worked like a charm from the start, and needless to say, I showed up with little sleep, but lost of adrenaline to work the next day.

CONGRATULATIONS PMDG TEAM! You have set a very high bar, and I can't wait for the 777, 747v2, and whatever comes after that.

agreed! imagine if the "after that" was a 757-300! I would die

Cant believe its been a whole year already! The NGX still feels like it was released yesterday... Still absolutely loving it!

I can only imagine what excitement the next few releases are going to bring us, very looking forward to the T7 and 747 not forgetting the DC-6.

Thanks to all at PMDG for all of your hard-work!

I've figured out that I have over 500 hours in the NGX in just one year. :o So congratulations PMDG on giving me a second "job"!

The NGX is simply amazing and I never get tired of it. Always something new to learn or a new destination or procedure to try out.