Sign in to follow this  
L1011_pilot

Where I can find FSX SP1?

Hi,

I am trying to install FSX in my Windows computer and unfortunately I cannot find the FSX Service Pack 1 download in Microsoft's website. The link seems to be non existent.

What can I do? Still I was able to download the FSX Service Pack 2 installer...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hi, is filefront a reputable website? I've never heard of them before.

Thanks for the assistance!

I tried the FS Insider link and I cannot get connected Chrome says that the link is missing...

I tried the FS Insider link and I cannot get connected Chrome says that the link is missing...

I just tried it and it worked. Here's the direct link:

http://download.micr...fsx_sp1_ENU.exe

Try right clicking and selecting Save Link As

Or try a different browser.

I tried but no joy even in a different web browser. What I got was an HTML file in IE8 and in Chrome I got the following download file which is not an .exe file.

I am trying to contact Microsoft on this and see what they can do. I think is more of a system error since the Flight Simulator 2004 9.1 update file is still available in their downloads page. Also the FSX SP2 and FSX SDK SP1A installer are available as well.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do... I've tried the file front link and I got redirected to the GameFront website.

I tried but no joy even in a different web browser. What I got was an HTML file in IE8 and in Chrome I got the following download file which is not an .exe file.

I am trying to contact Microsoft on this and see what they can do. I think is more of a system error since the Flight Simulator 2004 9.1 update file is still available in their downloads page. Also the FSX SP2 and FSX SDK SP1A installer are available as well.

Honestly' date=' I don't know what else to do... I've tried the file front link and I got redirected to the GameFront website.[/quote']

Hi,

I am trying to install FSX in my Windows computer and unfortunately I cannot find the FSX Service Pack 1 download in Microsoft's website. The link seems to be non existent.

What can I do? Still I was able to download the FSX Service Pack 2 installer...

I'm having the exact same problem, and I am also able to download SP2 no problem, SP1 however does not work. I get the box that pops up and asks if I want to "Run" or "Save", but once I click on Run or Save I get an error message telling me Internet Explorer could not download the file. Strange, considering I was able to download the file up until several days ago.

But did you actually try to download the file? Because I can click on the link and then the box pops up and asks me to either Run or Save the file, but if I actually try to save or run the file I get an error message. If it works for you then I don't know what the heck...guess I'll have to try to install a different browser.

SP2 downloads fine, but SP1 doesn't.

Another frustrated flyer here. I can download SP2 without a problem. Same results for me with SP1. When I click the download button, I get an error message. We can't all be doing it incorrectly? I have the PMDG 737 NGX ready to load, but I am told it will not load because SP2 is not loaded. :mad:

Did you try more than one download links? That Microsoft one doesn't even open up to me.

http://www.gamershel...oad_19171.shtml

This one works perfectly at least for me, using Google Chrome. You need to extract that zip file after download to get the installer.

If this doesn't work then you have something wrong with your system/connection whatever or maybe antivirus blocking it for some reason.

At last, a working link. Thanks FScamp, I have downloaded SP1 from your link. Bottom line is, Microsoft seem to have removed the file from their link. I tried right click and download as (suggested above) and it downloads "no file". Got there in the end though.

How about getting FSX Gold and be done with it. Plus save yourself much grief. heres the link to FSX SP1, SP2 and and Acceleration.

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=FSX gold

Yeah, that's intelligent, why the hell should I have to buy the game AGAIN, particularly when I don't even want Acceleration, just so I can download a free service pack that I've always been able to download in the past? I'm support to buy the game again just because they can't provide working links? I don't think so...

Yeah, that's intelligent, why the hell should I have to buy the game AGAIN, particularly when I don't even want Acceleration, just so I can download a free service pack that I've always been able to download in the past? I'm support to buy the game again just because they can't provide working links? I don't think so...

I had to buy it also after having deluxe, but it was well worth it and the smartest thing I have done! Got tired of figuring the SP's out and loading then if have to repair where to start. Blah blah blah. Plus, I use the SDK so its all updated instead of downloading sp1, sp1 a on and on. But go ahead and keep fighting it, sounds like your haveing a ball while I can do an install in around 15min and I know its RIGHT!! My times more valuable than $30.00.