Sign in to follow this  
styckx

Lancair Legacy VC - N98SN

Found this Cockpit on LancairLegacy.com and I got a good portion of the way painting her and decided to see if I could find any pictures of the exterior.. In doing so I came upon something I didn't expect to find. An NTSB report.. Unfortunately this aircraft and its owner are no longer with us. :( Decided to carry on though as I'd like to think the owner would like to see his design carried on even in a virtual form.. Anyway, I got sort of bummed out about that and taking a break.. Hence I'm posting a few shots of the work.

Real one

7706042908_d996bca10b_o.jpg

7706042766_03103f4325_o.jpg

My interpretation. The colors I tried matching up the best I could.. There are 4 shots of this and the blue and gray can look a different shade depending on the light and angle of the shot so I did some guesstimating on the shading in the cockpit to find a middle ground I was happy with. I'd say this is about 80% done.. Some panel work to do.

Edited by firehawk44
"My interpretation" images (2) removed as they exceeded 1600W and 400KB limit.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yeah I read it.. Bloody shame is right.. I have to imagine as a real life pilot, especially in a single engine aircraft that engine failure is always a haunting possible reality that you always have to be prepared for, but hopefully never have to actually deal with.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows.

A loss of engine power due to high engine temperatures which resulted in a failure of the number three piston, the pilot's continued operation of the airplane with known high temperature problems, the pilot's poor inflight planning, and the pilot's failure to maintain a proper emergency descent rate. A factor associated with the accident was the light pole that the airplane contacted.