Sign in to follow this  
tockas

REMOVING VIRTUAL COCKPIT FROM FEELTHERE AIRBUS A320 IAE

Can anyone help?how can i remove v.cockpit from feelthere airbus a320?

That requires using a hex editor. You would have to read some tutorials to know which numbers to remove.

Here's an example of the editor to use: http://www.bpsoft.com/downloads/

Or, much more easily, you could use a merge of Project Airbus non-VC models and the FT 2D panels.

You can make yours if you know how to or look around for some ready solutions. I'm sure there are several.

Good luck!

Another way is to use Doug Dawson's Skip View gauge.

There's a bit posted here about it ....

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/archive/index.php/t-220696.html

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/288259-view-skip-gauge-thingy/

The gauge was never released as a seperated item but it is found in several other aircraft.

If you download Warwick Cater's P-51 Mustang v2 "p51dver2_203586.zip" it's in the panel folder.

I've used it on a few of my aircraft.

Pete.

thank you guya.i find it rather difficult to use hex editor.the numbers given should appear?

As Bush Pilot says..Using the view skip gauge (if you are happy with editing CFGs etc) is one solution ,its not perfect and does not remove the Virtual cockpit ,what it does is simply skip that view as you cycle through using the 'S' key IE instead of going from the 2d view ,to virtual cockpit, to spot view ,tower etc you go straight from 2d to spot view .

Anyway I may have got the order of the views incorrectly ,but 'view skip gau' Works!

Cheers Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

truth is that i dont care about seeing v.c. when cycling views.what i meant was that i dont want to see the v.c.when using hat switch to see left or right.i use another cockpit than feelthere's and when using hat switch i see two cockpits.any idea?

The best you're likely to get will be to remove the side views from the 2D panel. You can't do much with the VC itself.

Doug

i finally found how the hex editor works.BUT there is no number such as 0022003900.any ideas????

Another option if you don't want to use the VC at all is to move your eyepoint out of the cockpit. An easy way is to move the eyepoint forward by editing the first number of the eyepoint entry. If you are thinking about editing the model I'm assuming you don't use the vc at all?

i finally found how the hex editor works.BUT there is no number such as 0022003900.any ideas????

It's there. You've just got to find it! I've used the Hex Editor many times to remove the VC in FS2004. Try this:

1. Open the program and go to the "File" tab on the tool bar.

2. Select the "Open" folder. Then select the model folder from the AC you are trying to modify.

3. Go to the "Edit" tab on the Tool bar.

4. Click "Replace". A window will open up. Enter the number 0022003900 for the "Find" number and 0022000000 for the "Replace" number.

IMPORTANT! You are looking for the SECOND entry of the 0022003900 number. After you find the first entry, click "Find Next". Make sure it is the SECOND entry. Then click "OK" at the bottom of the window. The number (0022003900) should change to a red colored 0022000000. Exit the program, fire up FSX and the AC you selected should show no VC.

ok.i did this and when i put the numbers and press ''ok'' it says:the find field requires a even number of digits for a valid hex string.please check your search creteria and try again.

What is that mean?

It means you're searching the file with a odd number of hex values.

Hex string 2200 is even (4 numbers)

Hex string 02200 is odd (5 numbers)

Removing the VC by repositioning (two solutions):

pfflyer's solution (move your eyepoint out of the cockpit) I used for years and works great.

Solution # 1:

Start FS2004 and select the aircraft you want the virtual cockpit repositioned. Once the aircraft is loaded, switch to the VC and press "Shift + enter" until the VC slips completely below you. Pan left or right to make sure the VC is entirely gone. Now when looking out the 2D side views the VC views should be gone. Downside to this solution, after you restart FS2004 you'll have to do the same thing again.

Solution #2: (more permanent)

Open up your aircraft.cfg file and look for this section:

(Views)

/eyepoint=28.8,-2.2, 3.2

eyepoint=35.0,0.0, 3.2

If this section is not there then add it, starting with all zeros. In this example, I commented out the original eye point view with a forward slash "/". Increase or decrease the first number until the virtual cockpit is adjusted behind your viewpoint when sitting in the virtual cockpit. Move the cockpit back just far enough so the 2D side views are clear when looking through them. For most models, increasing the first number does the trick. The first number moves the VC forwards or backwards. The second number moves the VC left or right of center. The third number moves the VC up or down.

Note: If moving the VC back does not work, you can always move it down. One thing to watch for if you move the VC backwards are your 2D landing light effects. You may loose your landing light effect (as seen from the 2D view) if you move the VC to far back.

Removing the VC by editing the model file using a Hex editor (two solutions):

Follow Hightower's post to remove the VC using a hex editor

Solution # 1:

To remove the virtural cockpit (VC) and Landing light effect as seen from the 2D cockpit:

Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the second occurrence of 0022003900 and change the 39 00 so it looks like this 0022000000. Making this change removes the VC and landing light effect (as seen from the 2D cockpit).

Solution #2:

To remove only the virtual cockpit (VC) and keep the landing light effect as seen from the 2D cockpit:

Open the mdl file you want to edit and search for the second occurrence of 0022003900 and change the 39 38 so it looks like this 0022003800. Making this change removes only VC and keeps the landing light effect (as seen from the 2D cockpit).

RJ