Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

Another incredible video!

Whow! What can I say? Looks great!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wow. Just wow. That is so far ahead of FSX in so many ways it isn't funny. Please please please let more 3PD's make awesome addons for it!

Impressive. I thought it did a good job of making virtual reality..............look like reality.

L.Adamson

Yep, the night environment for XP is really impressive. If they could only dirty up the landscape a little so the day flights could be just as impressive.

When are we going to get some AI?

Bob

Give XPX at least a year and it will be in a totally different league, I'm sure by then many would think twice before comparing it with the other sims.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Give XPX at least a year and it will be in a totally different league, I'm sure by then many would think twice before comparing it with the other sims.

I fully agree. Even the smoothness of flying is 'feels' nicer than FSX.

XP10 has a way to go with certain stuff, but I feel people compare it to FSX fully loaded with add-ons..

I fully agree. Even the smoothness

Right on, even XP 9.7 smoothness beats FSX hands down. I still use XP 9.7 as my current pc specs (processor/ram) is not up to par with XPX. I own FSX, FS9 with many addons but don't even care to install them as I'm currently having lots of fun with Carenado's Caravan, Air Hauler and REX in XP9

I do admit that when it comes to eye candy FSX does have the advantage but I prefer smoothness with true simulation. One thing I do hate about FSX are the damn blurries, just can't stand them, no matter how many tweaks just couldn't get rid of them.

If you guys haven't bought Carenado's Caravan, you have to get it, man I bough it this past weekend and I been experiencing quiet a few wow's and I'm still in XP9 LOL

I'm saving some cash for an upgrade (mobo/processor/ram) so I can move up to XPX.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

It looks really good and yeah, its smooth. I get better frames in XP than I would in FSX.

A question though, are there some post processing effects going on in that video? Is it really raw xp footage, e.g. do lights have vertical flares in game etc?

Another video has just been published by the same author:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM5gw5AnQA8

A question though, are there some post processing effects going on in that video? Is it really raw xp footage, e.g. do lights have vertical flares in game etc?

I think he's filming his screen with a camera. No screen capture software. If you want to see the X-Plane effects on your system, just test the free demo with the HDR mode enabled in the settings.