Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

New Pics of Carenado B200 King Air are up!

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Guest firehawk44

Looks great! My only problem will be whether to buy the one from Carenado or the one from Flight One. Suspect prices will be the main factor for many as both look great.

Best regards,

Jim

Looks great! My only problem will be whether to buy the one from Carenado or the one from Flight One. Suspect prices will be the main factor for many as both look great.

Best regards' date='

Jim[/quote']

Fps with the F1G1000 might also be a consideration......

Yeah, they need to speed their G1000. The Citation Mustang is superb, but the G1000 kills framerate like hell :(

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Wow that King Air looks great. I can't keep up with Carenado and their development. They have about a bazillion different planes in active development right now..

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Best regards,

Jim

Well the one from F1 will rival the Citation Mustang according to Jim Rhodes. It'll ship with fully functional G1000 cockpit and Blackhawk mods

I'm hoping the one from Carenado is an old skool cockpit, like its C-90 is.

In which case I'll buy both.

Yeah, they need to speed their G1000. The Citation Mustang is superb, but the G1000 kills framerate like hell :(

I'm sure much has been learned by F1 about optimization of their G1000 since its release. :wink:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm sure much has been learned by F1 about optimization of their G1000 since its release. :wink:

I'm hoping the same. But when looking at the current C182T with a release date being years apart from the Mustang, the 'hog' impression remained static. Certainly flyable, but a huge difference to other planes, even partially glass ones.

When it comes to the features, I really hope for airway entries and the VNAV on the G1000. While the lack of those items doesn't harm a C182 that much, the Mustang really misses it in the very meaning. And a fast and far flying King Air may do too.

Not to be read the wrong way. The G1000 is great, it just could need the extra functionality.

Same as you, I'm hoping for the Carenado to stay on the classic gauges and hopefully coming with another Bernt Stolle FDE.

Carenado aren't very experienced with glass cockpits are they though, ceratinly not as sophisticated as a G1000? So I reckon it will indeed be classic gauges. Suits me, better frame rate.

I hope it will be steam gauges too but who knows. I'm going to pick up Flight 1's for sure. I'll only get the Carenado one if it's steam, like the really old B200's. After the C90 and P46T im not getting Carenado glass for awhile lol.

Cheers

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

The F1 182 (and the G1000) are superb, but the FPS hit is pretty significant. Its always a tradeoff.

I only tend to fly the 182 in less demanding scenery areas because of this.

A B200 with fully functional G1000 including airways and VNAV? I'm in :wub:

If, as previously said, both versions are available i'll probably get both as well.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I would actually prefer if Carenado did a G1000 B200. I guess I'm in the minority in liking the more modern cockpits. I don't have anything against F1, but I've seen a preview pic of their B200 VC and I'd expect Carenado's to be much more pristine. So I'm hoping it comes from them. Though I thoroughly suspect they'll go their usual route and do analog.

I would actually prefer if Carenado did a G1000 B200. I guess I'm in the minority in liking the more modern cockpits. I don't have anything against F1, but I've seen a preview pic of their B200 VC and I'd expect Carenado's to be much more pristine. So I'm hoping it comes from them. Though I thoroughly suspect they'll go their usual route and do analog.

It may look 'pristine' but I will bet the F1 G1000 is more functional and closer to the real deal. The G1000 in the T182 is exceptionally well done. There are not many parts of the real Garmin manual that don't apply to the F1 version.

Yeah the F1 will be the better option for the G1000. To me it doesn't look too pristine just a new, clean cockpit.

I hope Carenado only do steam like I said before. But you don't really get the feeling they listen to what we want....

Now the TBM850 I am excited for! Although the G1000 in that might be lighter then the F1, we'll have to wait and see what Carenado's T182 G1000 looks like.

I wish you could put the F1 G1000 into other planes.

Cheers

Lee

Sent using Tapatalk

I would actually prefer if Carenado did a G1000 B200. I guess I'm in the minority in liking the more modern cockpits.

I wont buy it if it is steam powered. Screw steam. I didn't see nothing at the AirVenture (post Apollo Mission) with a boiler in it.

Carenado's G1000 *looks* amazing. I'm hoping it's taken this long for the Cessna because they are in the mood for a full feature, hard core, glass cockpit. I didn't spend all this money on this machine so I can fly 1970's six packs.

The G1000 is awesome... the cool thing is, they can use it in future planes! No more dry cleaning planes!

I wont mind it in the King, but to be fair, it should have a Pro Line... but it makes sense to sink your development money into one really good system for everything.

Oh God... the TBM... like the REAL TBM... I feel like a dog who found his way into the dog bone factory.