Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

X-plane 10.10 B6 Released!

Absolutely, use a number of sims. FSX has stuff that is immersive that xplane currently does not but sometimes xplane gives a better experience for some flight and I can forgo the other stuff during that time.

there should not be any 'one' sim at the moment. There is certainly no single winner across features that are important.

It's not completely openminded to say I tried it four years ago, and I didnt like it as much so it must be the same today. Things change.

I have heard so many people talk about something as it was years ago and have that as their main argument today no matter how much things may have changed in the meantime.

Geof

I've always said both platforms have something to offer. I just have a preference. Just like others do. And not for a financial reason like others seem to think. I've been asked to make 3D models for FSX and refused...the bigger market.

Honestly, if you held a gun to my head and told me to fly in FSX comfortably, I couldn't do it. I'll be pressing X Plane keys and buttons and just get frustrated.

Geof

I've always said both platforms have something to offer. I just have a preference. Just like others do. And not for a financial reason like others seem to think. I've been asked to make 3D models for FSX and refused...the bigger market.

Honestly, if you held a gun to my head and told me to fly in FSX comfortably, I couldn't do it. I'll be pressing X Plane keys and buttons and just get frustrated.

It's very much so. You're a 3rd party payware aircraft developer for X-Plane.........period.

And then, over at the other forum, you go on and on, about being a x number hour pilot, ratings of x numer of aircraft, and how miserable FSX is, in comparison to X-Plane. Looks like you're doing the same here. You asked me to respect your opinion. I said no. To me, it's a lot of marketing 101, just about the same way as Austin would do so.

L.Adamson

It's very much so. You're a 3rd party payware aircraft developer for X-Plane.........period.

And then, over at the other forum, you go on and on, about being a x number hour pilot, ratings of x numer of aircraft, and how miserable FSX is, in comparison to X-Plane. Looks like you're doing the same here. You asked me to respect your opinion. I said no. To me, it's a lot of marketing 101, just about the same way as Austin would do so.

L.Adamson

Quote me. Quote where I ever said how miserable FSX is. Or how I go on and on about being a pilot and having x number of hours. I hardly ever post at flightsim.com. Maybe 2 posts in the last 4 months.

Like I said. Give it a rest. Go out and fly your Vans RV6...you know the one you go on and on...and on...and on about

It's not completely openminded to say I tried it four years ago, and I didnt like it as much so it must be the same today. Things change.

Ain't that the truth!

I have installed x plane 10.10 6B, before that i had 10.05R. Now the sim is less stable had crashes, mainly blue screen. don't know if it's my overclocking or the new update but never had these before. Also HDR has a lot of flickering all over the place much worse than having it off. That was never the case before with 10.05. Also turning some details up not to the max thought, kills my fps like roads and cars .... from 60-45 down to 7-12fps. with a very high end system. I don't know if this stuff will get fixed or not... but it seems like we are going backwards. I know it's early in beta, but I expect some improvements.

My system specs ivy B overclocked at 4.7 + nvidia 680 GTX 2GB + 8 GB DDRAM3 at 2400mhz.

Evan B.

If you're installation is crashing, send your crash_log.txt file to Laminar. It holds a lot of very valuable information on the crash that they can address.

Feel sure in knowing that if it is a common problem that is specific to X Plane, and not your system, it WILL get fixed.

What i don't understand: this is x-plane ver 10 and after all this time the only way I can find 10.05r Plausible is to imagine Godzilla just came through the area with the Cylons in hot pursuit. There are aspects of x-plane i like a lot and the new beta is much improved but the joy of flying low and slow is just not happening. You have to fly other programs just to enjoy all aspects of the Genre.

Yes, I am being a bit flippant about this but it's a very much wanted feature by a lot of people and I think the reality is that crowd sourcing will not fill up airports all that quickly.

Not until the system is fully implemented, including training.

Geofa/Larry. I need some of your experience and feedback on manifold pressure throughout the "regime" of operation so I can tweak the Baron. The gauge begins at 15...but you'll note the needle dips below that. So a couple of questions are...does the MP go below 15? at start? idle? Is there a "hard stop" at 15? What is a typical idle MP? When you firewall it, does it go to ambient pressure? etc? My time is limited to fixed pitch and MU2 turbine time :P

Tom Kyler

Laminar / IXEG

www.ixeg.net

Hi Tom,

just did some test using my ELITE v8 Baron 58, ISA Atmosphere, at LPMT - alt 46'. I would post a screen here if I managed too :-(

But yes, it is just a little above 13" under this situation....

Firewalled, braked, just a bit above 28" - ambient pressure only if engine stopped....

My time is limited to fixed pitch and MU2 turbine time

BTW, it would be great to have a free-running turbine correctly modelled, like I have pointed out befora at another thread, remember? :-)

RPM variations should have NULL IMPACT on FF on such a turbine type, during a wide range of lever travel... In Xplane, just as in MSFS, lowering/increasin RPM at fixed throttle incorrectly lowers/increases FF...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

BTW, it would be great to have a free-running turbine correctly modelled, like I have pointed out befora at another thread, remember? :-)

Funny you should mention. Im' working on the King Air even as we speak and there is MUCH internal discussion between the Laminar team about the free turbine model ;) The general consensus is that the model has worked thus far decently enough, but with other things out of the way now, there is no reason to not try and improve it. Now that does not mean that it will get altered by the next beta release, or even before XP10 goes final....but as I mentioned earlier, "final" does not mean that we don't stop improving it, only that most of the bugs are squashed and the sim is running stable. Once XP goes "final", we stop "bug squashing and fixing" and then go about improving. This is the way it usually works anyhow.

Tom Kyler

Laminar / IXEG

www.ixeg.net

just did some test using my ELITE v8 Baron 58

jcomm. please do not take this the wrong way. If the ELITE is software simulation and so is x-plane, then what's to say that ELITE simulation is accurate? Now I am not saying that ELITE is not correct or better than XP (it proably is)....I am only inquiring how it goes about its simulation, especially if I'm going to have my decisions influeneced by it. If it is based and modeled specifically on these models from empirical data, then I would take that to be a very good measure indeed and worthy of not....but it is prudent for me to ask.

Tom Kyler

Laminar / IXEG

www.ixeg.net

If it is based and modeled specifically on these models from empirical data, then I would take that to be a very good measure indeed and worthy of not....but it is prudent for me to ask.

Just PM'd about it :-)

Yes, ELITE is designed to be accurate, regarding the aircraft models included on their packages. I am not talking about the aerodynamics (also accurate, but designed/damped for IFR trainning use primarily) but engine syetems/operation are rather accurate and based on RL table data.

Appart from that, as a RL pilot (gliders only) I have had the chance to test many aspects of engine/systems in the real thing, asking other pilots (including B1900D, Caravan, PC-12, Turbo-Porter, etc... operating at the same aerodromes I use for my soaring flights)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

thank you for the response jcomm. I'll have a look then. Its highly probable these guys spent a lot more time studying the performance of very specific models than Laminar has.

Tom Kyler

Tom-I went searching some old photos-found one in the flare at a sea level airport and the manifold power off read 15" ITried to post it but can't figure out how to attach a photo now lol). At full everything the most I ever saw was 27"-even with new engines. Bernte Stolle would be a great guy to consult on stuff like this...