Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Question on PMDG Boeing 777

Hi guys

Just a quick question that I thought of regarding the upcoming PMDG Boeing 777. Will you guys at PMDG be simulating the ability to open cockpit windows or the cockpit door or moving seats (as was done in the B747)? It's not a major thing, just something I'm curious about as I think it'd be a neat little function.

If they do model the moveable seat ,I really hope it has the the electric sound it makes when its being adjusted , have a look on YouTube to see what I mean. Not sure about the window ,PMDG seem to have an anti -window policy ,because they never seen to model the window opening, unless I'm forgetting something, they definitely didn't have it on the NGX , would be nice to let some virtual fresh air in, while parked in Menorca .

Yeah, I actually missed that feature in the NGX. It may be not essential for flight and it may eat up some FPS but sometimes you have the need to open the window.

I think PMDG did not model it in the NGX because they already used up all the resource and animation limits in FSX.

While not fussed about opening windows, it was nice to be able to move items in the cockpit :)

A stab in the dark but the 777's won't be needing 2 types of MCP's, analogue standby gauges, possibly the HUGS so those animations may be freed up, but let's not forget the amazing 777 main undercarriages :P

Alaister Kay

Rain on the windscreen would be nice, although flying through rain is far less common than flying through good weather. Still, it'd be a nice animation to have to provide some extra realism and feel like you're really in a real cockpit. I realise there is a limit to the number of animations but it is something I feel is missing from the NGX.

Nope, I don't think ! But I'd like this to be on the B777.

I also would like to have a workable cockpit window and if it were up to me I would sacrifice a few discrete or practically unnoticeable exterior animations so that more would be open to the VC.

i believe that the animations limit in FSX can be over written but is very hard to do. (thats why companies don't do this or don't know that about fsx) in fact you need to mess around with the central core if i remember correctly (if i am wrong please tell me). Which can be done but you risk the possibility of damaging a file or peace of code, that would in turn damage fsx not allowing it to run properly. other concerns may be like system overload and the differant code may slow your system done quite a lot, which non of us hard core games want.

I also would like to have a workable cockpit window and if it were up to me I would sacrifice a few discrete or practically unnoticeable exterior animations so that more would be open to the VC.

I am not sure if that is how it works, or you have to count animations in the VC only. If the latter is case, then I wonder if we are on the good track, what with less options, and (I think) less buttons and switches and things.

what about a flight attendant bringing the meals and coffee ......

:lol:

all the best.

Phil

i believe that the animations limit in FSX can be over written but is very hard to do. (thats why companies don't do this or don't know that about fsx) in fact you need to mess around with the central core if i remember correctly (if i am wrong please tell me). Which can be done but you risk the possibility of damaging a file or peace of code, that would in turn damage fsx not allowing it to run properly. other concerns may be like system overload and the differant code may slow your system done quite a lot, which non of us hard core games want.

No idea what you're talking about here - we can't modify the simulator's core engine - that would be hacking Microsoft's files and would be illegal even if we knew how. (I've never heard of anyone getting around this anyway - find me another aircraft with more animations than the NGX has...)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

what about a flight attendant bringing the meals and coffee ......

I used to have that simulated, but she took another job offer.

Kyle Rodgers

I used to have that simulated, but she took another job offer.

I heard Pizza Hut gave her an offer she couldn't turn down!