Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Anyone using Logitech G19 Keyboard?

So I had something a little strange this morning. I use a Logitech G19 keyboard with my system. I was flying a very long job, and got a little bored. On the upper right part of the keyboard, just above the numeric keypad, is a scrolling wheel. This wheel turns the volume up and down. I can't recall ever using it before to do that, as my speakers have a volume knob that is easily accessible, but I moved it down and back up just I guess for the heck of it.

Well moving it down had the expected result, kept lowering volume till it was silenced. However, scrolling it back up - while the volume increased as expected, the dang plane went nuts! Lights going on and off, flaps returning to neutral from the negative flap setting, plane starting climbing like crazy, prop rpm went to 100%, throttle to 80%.

I mean, it was like the plane was possessed!

I took a look at the keyboard settings in controls, nothing appeared abnormal. I don't know how anything would even get assigned to this particular scroll wheel on the keyboard. Very strange. I use a TM Warthog with a script for Flight running through the Target software, which only has functions assigned to buttons on the stick and throttle.

So anyway it is no big deal really, I just won't use that wheel for moving volume up and down whilst running Flight, but I would sure be curious if anyone else here uses a G19 keyboard and if they see the same result.

Not with the G19, but I have seen other reports of "multimedia" keyboards causing Flight to freak out when adjusting the volume via keyboard buttons.

That must be part of this issue then - I will chalk it up to that anyways.

I rarely ever used that scroll wheel for controlling sound anyway , so I just won't do it again especially while in Flight.

Thanks,

I have rather simple MS keyboard which has volume controls: in Flight the volume up turns the entire plane off, as if you press B... Something is wrong somewhere. :wink:

have rather simple MS keyboard which has volume controls: in Flight the volume up turns the entire plane off, as if you press B... Something is wrong somewhere.

Indeed, sounds like Flight just does not like some multimedia keys on some keyboards. Fine, I just won't use those whilst flying in Flight. Up till now had never tried it, boy was it wild to see when I did.

Probably not much point in my emailing the Flight team to ask them to look into it... :(