Sign in to follow this  
hightower

David "Opa" Marshall

To all simmers:

I hope we all take a moment to reflect on the contributions of this prolific flight simming contributor and wonderful man, on this one year anniversary of his passing.

RIP Opa.

We all miss Opa. He was a great presence around AVSIM and FS, and will never be forgotten.

He is very much missed..

Thank you "hightower" for the timely reminder of David's 1st anniversary. I'll leave this thread open, pinned to the top and flagged "Forum Alert" for the next week or so.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for starting this topic and thaks for giving it deserved special attention, Bill.

My thought and prayers continue to be with Dave's family.

Anybody know what his favorite Aircraft was?

That would be a B737 in Southwest colors.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

He was a great guy, put's a smile on my face when I search avsim and one of his posts has the solution for me.

Rob Prest

Rest in peace Opa.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

An incredible and invaluable contributor to this community. :(

Blake

He was such a nice guy and I regret never offering to take him out for dinner. We lived not even 10 minutes from one another and I never met him in person. I always planned to meet him thinking that he would be around for a long time, but things always got in the way. I regret not making the time since he passed way before his time.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I always planned to meet him thinking that he would be around for a long time, but things always got in the way

That happens all too often doesn't it?

Woulda...coulda...shoulda...but didn't.

He was a great guy, put's a smile on my face when I search avsim and one of his posts has the solution for me.

It's a fine tribute to the guy that he's still helping people, and will continue doing so as long as his posts here exist..