Sign in to follow this  
Armowings

Questions regarding the Follow-Me Car

Hi everyone,

I was wandering about when the Follow-Me Car is used by pilots. I'm assuming that charter flights use them much more often than regular flights. Also, I'm guessing that Follow-Me Cars are requested more in bad weather conditions when pilot can't see as clearly while taxiing. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

I have seen them at Canadian airports and never used....I think it is something requested by a pilot not familiar with the airport, or a language barrier, or the arrival of a VIP like the Queen of England.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I have seen them at Canadian airports and never used....I think it is something requested by a pilot not familiar with the airport, or a language barrier, or the arrival of a VIP like the Queen of England.

Cheers

Thanks for your input! I also was thinking something along those lines.

Some airports mandate them during LVPs, usually if you want one, you just ask your ops agent on company feq. when you're getting your gate number.

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

When I was flying a private King Air there were a few airports that had FBO's with the trucks and came out to meet us off the runway and lead us into our parking space. One FBO I worked at had a truck but we only used it when the pilot's requested it or we knew they were going to be completely lost once they got on the airport.