Sign in to follow this  

Orange

Taking my Lancair Legacy for a flight during dawn to Bella Coola. It can't get more orange then this. :wink:

7711612696_7ddd4ca0f0_h.jpg

7711611808_d7b91d2776_h.jpg

7711610902_13ca8053b3_h.jpg

7711610034_1c91f0545b_h.jpg

Hi Jeroen,

Your shots are even making me reconsider the Legacy. B) ...not a huge fan of "plastic", especially with "glass" or "semi-glass" cockpits but I have to say the rave reviews, proper instruments and outstanding view are making me reconsider! As a Cessna fan (no wing to spoil the view), I have to admit that modern "Bubble" canopies are a good challenge for overall visibility.

Great shots. Not sure I'm convinced by the orange dawn? Not your shots but also shots I took myself over NZ North Island. I've only seen a few Dawns for real. Some from a boat at Sea level and some from a 757 or 747 at 35000+'. The high level ones were a good substitute for sleep <_< ...but the ones at sea level were not worth losing sleep over :P ...Oh, and they were grey rather than orange ....and cold!

Keep up the good work!

Geoff

Geoff Brown

Very neat!!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Your shots are even making me reconsider the Legacy. B) ...not a huge fan of "plastic", especially with "glass" or "semi-glass" cockpits but I have to say the rave reviews, proper instruments and outstanding view are making me reconsider! As a Cessna fan (no wing to spoil the view), I have to admit that modern "Bubble" canopies are a good challenge for overall visibility.

I used to prefer and fly only high wing GA's for a long, long time until because they give you such a good view on the scenery below. However, after getting a few planes that didn't have too big wings, I slowly switched over the low wings planes. And I have to say that right now I can't really stand flying in a high wing plane: it makes me feel locked up, claustrofobic! The view from the Legacy is absolutely awesome: very little wings and so much FREEDOM all around you! Being able to see the sky is more important for the feeling or freedom then I thought! And approaches are also much easier without those high wings blocking the view. I am a low wing pilot now (proviing they are small: I haven't bought the RealAir Duke because those wings and motors block the view completely.)