Sign in to follow this  
6FingerSays

Why Contrails make me want to Fly...---✈

Yes, we've all seen them. I like to call them white fluffy trails of wonder as I sit outside in the sunset looking up at the sky only to see a great line of beauty cutting it all in half. Sometimes you can spot the airplane in the sky, sometimes you can't. Some leave big great blobs behind, while some others disappear. Whatever it is, all I know is the sight of contrails of planes just make me jump to FSX to see my NGX leaving off it's own contrails.

From a grounds view, sometimes I take my binoculars and look at the plane, as I watch the contrails 'puff' outwards from the engines. I don't know what else to call it, but it just about bursts outward of the engine at 500 mph.. Sometimes if you are really focusing you can spot the airplane flying through the clouds really fast. An extra joy to the kick! Whatever it is, all i know is the sight of contrails is a sight that makes me want to fly!

If you are really lucky and are in the air, you can sometimes spot airplane contrails that aren't that far away from you. Deep in the sky's blue, little do you know that you're airplane is probably giving them off too! That feeling that you are racing the plane in the sky to unknown destinations gives me a sense that I am on top of the world.... WHATEVER it is, all I know is the sight of airplanes makes me want to soar faster than all the others.

I love watching AI spread contrails in FSX. I just wish that FSX would load AI further away so I could see more Traffic, but it doesn't. I was just flying from CYYZ to CYYG and was talking to Boston over Bangor, Maine and there was a lot of traffic out there according to PLAN G but they have to get pretty close in order for FSX to load them,,,the contrails too!

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom