Sign in to follow this  
Ian McPhail

Majestic Dash 8, Q300

Acknowledging all copyright and my interpretation of the terms of use,

Has anyone made the above Majestic addon work in P3D? If so could you PM me with the details. The engines change tone and the aircraft moves when I throttle up, but neither gauges or levers move at all.

If you would prefer PM me please.

Hello

Have you mapped the throttles correctly ? i.e mapped to throttles 3 and 4

Hello

Guess i must be on your blocked posters list.

Oh well...

Hello Ian.

I just made the mistake and purchased the Dash8 Q300.

I must say, in 20years of flightsim hobby, this was my worst purchase ever.

Not only they ask for my credit card details when the software setup is starting (after the purchase and download is already completed), i feel this aircraft looks like in the "stone age" of flightsimming. A cockpit like in FS95. Not really to compare with the screenshots they offer...

And: Nothing is working here so far. No flaps, no condition lever, no... nothing at all.....

The description (I can't really say "manual at all) is so badly written, how can anyone understand it. I think I just wasted 30Euro...

Ian, if you have any hint or help or whatever, please let me know.

Cheers

Ralf

Well first of all Ralf, sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your recent purchase of the Dash - Q300. If you have problems getting the software to work I would suggest that you email support@majesticsoftware.com with the specifics of your problem(s). All of the configuration items that you list are covered in the manuals, right down to the power and condition levers

The images of the Dash 8-Q300 on the MajesticSoftware website are not a mis-representation of what the Dash 8 Q300 displays. Also bear in mind that this aircraft was developed originally for FS2004, and while the graphics are a bit antiquated, the simulation of the aircraft is what the core concentration was geared towards.

The Q300 is planned for a make-over after the Q400 is complete, which will be FSX only.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Also maybe it just doesn't work in P3D? I'm not a user of P3d but maybe it's not the plane and that fact it's not running in fsx? Just a thought, unless I missed something

Cheers

Lee

If you are trying it in P3D, Majestic will not provide any support for P3D at this time, as it has not been tested on, or developed for this platform.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Well, I have never seen before a flightsim addon requiring my cradit card details INCL SECRET NUMBER (!!!) within the installation.

To make it clear again: The purchase at the online shop (full of erroneus spelling) already checked my credit card details before downloading.

I don't want to store my credit card details anywhere on my computer! Never ever!

While running the Majestic Dash8 Q300 for the first time, the Windows Firewall comes up and wants me to accept anything I don't understand. But in fact, it just comes up after this strange Dash installation..

What does this Majestic Dash do here on my computer? Do they send my data to the russian mafia?

I don't have a clue, what's going on here and none of my other addons has ever done this before in 20 years. I absolutely can't trust on this behaviour.

This is nothing, a helpdesk or support might fix, this is simply something I don't accept for the money I've paid!

Ralf

Scary!!!. I would be cautious if I ever saw this on my PC.

Jim Melton

Well, I have never seen before a flightsim addon requiring my cradit card details INCL SECRET NUMBER (!!!) within the installation.

Never, never never give such information except to a credit card merchant providing services to the seller. No seller should ever have access to that information,. A seller subsequenty asking for it is unacceptable and could be indicative of a scam and suggests a breach of basic security.

What? Asking for your cc verification number? That's normal....

I

There are several ways they could verify you're the license holder of the purchased software at install time. There's no reason at all to ask for Credit Card info during install if you have already paid for it through a secure vendors online system. That's a show stopper right there!

And, as for firewall issues, it is very concerning that an add on is reaching out if you are not in a multi-player situation. Why would it be doing that????

I hope Crosswind can jump back in and respond regarding these issues. I really hope this is not the case for the upcoming 400 release. I have that on my purchase list, but absent some further explanation that may no longer be the case...

For whatever reason I don't recall being asked for that sort of authentication.

I got the Q300 to run in P3D but with one huge limitation.

The VC resolution left a smudged and blurry image on the screen. It was readable and useable but frankly so below par that I couldn't enjoy my learning experience (sic).

If this is my finger problem i would be grateful for advice.

I realise that Sim Richardson from FB and Crosswind is the same person.

Thanks for all your information through that medium.

Now just the release of the Q400 is needed.

Sim, but surely a commercial user might want to link P3D and your professional version in a full simulation for pilot training. Would you tell LM no way, or sensibly grab the commercial opportunity and exposure.

As for the CC info guys. I know it's a bit suspect, but I've purchased the Majestic Dash ohh...4-5 years ago and never have had any suspect charges related to anything from Majestic Software. The guy is an honest one-man (basically) operation who's reputation in the real-world Flight Training Devices world would not allow him to scam you guys of money.

The credit card information is cross-checked against the key # you are provided...he uses his own algorithm/cyptography (I assume) to compare the CC info with the Serial Key #. There's no sending of your CC info anywhere. In-fact, you can install the software without an internet connection. This allows him to basically copy-protect his software very well, as not many people out there are willing to give out both their key # and CC info just to unlock a pirated piece of software.

I can not speak for the random Windows Firewall issues you are having. Personally, I'm not really convinced it has anything to do with the Majestic Dash. I personally though have Windows Firewall disabled.

Yes, graphically, the Majestic Dash is lacking compared to modern releases. Don't let that rough exterior fool you though, this is easily the most faithful and accurate release of a Dash-8 on any platform...anywhere. This simulation had true hydraulics, pressurization, electrical, and powerplant modelling when PMDG was still releasing it's 1900. It's simulation of those PW123's is leaps and bounds over any other turboprop out there. I know it's tough nowadays to look past the FS2002 panel graphics, but I honestly hope you guys give it a bit more credit.