Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZCA v2 news.

Hi, everybody.

The EZCA v2 project approaches to completing blueprint stage after a big pause. Before release I want to show new effect (the camera is attached to a flexible wing). It will be possible to feel all dynamics of behavior of the airplane during flight. (only on those models airplanes on which wing bending is provided). The effect will be switched on in the new version as a part of a new physical engine.

Look this:

I ask to evaluate working of this effect and speak any impressions. I will listen to any criticism.

The effect is strengthened for demonstration.

Not all.

Besides other, in the new version the algorithm of shaking is completely remade. Now it is not irritating static effect of a shake of the camera, now effect depending by a state of environment and depending by a manner of piloting of the plane. For example at excess of critical angles of attack at great speed the plane will shake and it can be seen.

• Upvote 1

So, V2 is not dead!

I must say, this video is impressive.

Very impressive.

I see on the wishlist that the user interface will be simplified. Can we get a few details as to what that will entail? That's the biggest (only?) "issue" I've seen on these forums.

I can't use FSX without EZDok. That's a fact.

• Upvote 1

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Updates to RND effect sounds great, the effect of taxi on dirt is a bit strong compared to the runway at the moment.

Thanks for the video, looking forward to 2.0!

So, V2 is not dead!

===

We took pause because we did not know how to improve EZ effects. There was a big pause in development. We didn't know how to advance idea in order that effects were realistic. To many hours of flight time in real are necessary for solving this problem. The whole summer was in real flight. Now we know what should feel the simmer and how do this.

I see on the wishlist that the user interface will be simplified.

===

The user interface didn't become simpler. The simulator doesn't provide necessary data for simplification of the user interface. Many data are necessary for synthesizing means of an engine by EZ. All synthesis of data laid down on shoulders of the user of EZ. But we plan to expand a database for cameras. Most likely you will find a necessary set of cameras for your airplane in the list of data base . Now we think that the user couldn't model effects and used the cameras adjusted by a skilled eye because modeling of camera shake is really difficult and demands a certain skill. The user can change only shake levels, but not algorithms.

Glad to see you're feeling better and that v2 isn't dead after all. Its there a time frame for the next release and will there be a cost incurred for those who wish to upgrade?

-Damien

Please do not ask me about release date :-) i do not know. May be in middle of october. The engine V2 is remaking every time , when i find new idea. For this necessary some time.

It would be good, if the Camera functionality of the tool and the shake effects are separated out. I for one am more interested in the shake effects and my pilot eye positions (up down, move front and back and sideways) ... than various cameras. So the complexity of setting various cameras does not intrude on the other...the things that matter to flying an airplane and things that enhances the flying experience.

Not sure if they can be separated out or not. This way, I can remove the camera functionality completely until I can learn the intricacies of that tool and want to indulge in videography rather than flying,

Manny

Another thing, The buttons on the Yoke, like button 02 button 03 etc should not be assigned to any camera view without the user explicitly assigning them. I noticed that my elec trim button of my Saitek (In the real yoke, that button is for electric trim too) has been assigned for the Cessna Mustang to view the MFD... for e.g. that too I found very intrusive.. to take over such buttons. Just a thought,

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

The UI was always to advanced for me. I just ended up finding somebody CAM and EFFECTS files, importing them and living with them.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

One thing I used to LOVE with Active Camera for FS9 was the ability to right click a place on the ground and have that become a camera point looking back at the aircraft. It was great for watching landings and approaches - just right click next to the PAPI and you can watch the landing from that view point.

Is this possible? I know you do world cameras but they are much more complicated to setup...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

Finally. This is great news. ^_^

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

One thing I used to LOVE with Active Camera for FS9 was the ability to right click a place on the ground and have that become a camera point looking back at the aircraft. It was great for watching landings and approaches - just right click next to the PAPI and you can watch the landing from that view point.

Is this possible? I know you do world cameras but they are much more complicated to setup...

Impossible, because this is a explained SDK function. FSX have not this function..

Great news, Marniftarr, thanks for your efforts, as this is one of the most important addons for my FSX flying, the second one right after FSUIPC.

I encourage all users to spend some time on the existing manual for v1.7, there are excellent tutorials on youtube btw (also based on the manual). This is a very complex addon and simplification of the existing UI won't do its functionality any good imho. The interface is not complex by any means, just open the manual on the other screen and follow it line by line. The visual 'FDE' effects in EZDOK are fed from the CAM core, so I don't find it a good idea to separate them completely. A lot of reading, asking and experience is required to master EZDOK, in a similar way like with FSUIPC.

Cheers,

Dirk.