Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZCA v2 news.

Hi Marniftar,

Welcome back the video look realistic.

There is a pretty huge wishlist in simforum which i hope you take in consideration.

One that i would like is a new camera interaction where if you move the mouse forward and backward it act as a pitch axis in the degree of your input but at the same time if you use the arrow key you move in lateral way. interaction between mouse and keys are subject to preference but but for a smoother movement i think the mouse is better choice, think it could be a nice addition to for making video to explore aircraft and scenery.

Please add the option to disable world camera from cycle.

77664079.jpg

Great news and I hope there is native Prepar3D support.. It works currently but you have to go and rename the Prepar3D executable.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Great news and I hope there is native Prepar3D support.. It works currently but you have to go and rename the Prepar3D executable.

No need to do that. I have modified ezca.exe, which recognizes Prepar3D starting with no troubles. Marniftarr published that a while ago, you probably find it by searching EZCA support forums.

It's great to hear that V2 goes forward! V1 is one of those "must have" programs for FSX.

I encourage all users to spend some time on the existing manual for v1.7, there are excellent tutorials on youtube btw (also based on the manual). This is a very complex addon and simplification of the existing UI won't do its functionality any good imho. The interface is not complex by any means, just open the manual on the other screen and follow it line by line. The visual 'FDE' effects in EZDOK are fed from the CAM core, so I don't find it a good idea to separate them completely. A lot of reading, asking and experience is required to master EZDOK, in a similar way like with FSUIPC.

I do not consider myself to be unintelligent, but I was unable to get the software to run the way I wanted. I wanted to do virtual walk arounds. I wanted to walk through the cabin. I wanted fixed camera positions so I can see myself landing as if I was plane spotting in RL. I was unable to. I read the manual and looked at some YouTube tutorials, and for whatever reason the software did not provide the experience I was hoping for- particularly with Track IR5. Again, it may be that I'm in the minority as I have seen these effects on YouTube, but no tutorial I glimpsed told me HOW.

I admit, again, the reason could have been me. However I do think this software would beneift more from more attention to ease of access and possibly more robust tool tips.

Last, I'm glad the author is feeling well again!

I'm looking forward to the EZDok that can be used by the masses! :)

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

No need to do that. I have modified ezca.exe, which recognizes Prepar3D starting with no troubles. Marniftarr published that a while ago, you probably find it by searching EZCA support forums.

It's great to hear that V2 goes forward! V1 is one of those "must have" programs for FSX.

Ahhh.. Thank you and I indeed found the modified executable. Thanks again!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Wow! Great news!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Well, you ask for comments - I can tell you without any hesitation that I DO NOT EVER want to be strapped to the wing of any aircraft that flexes as much as that glider in the video. I got dizzy just watching that. When you can bring immersion up to that degree you have accomplished a major step towards "its as real as you can get."

Fantastic job Sir.

Frank

This is a very complex addon and simplification of the existing UI won't do its functionality any good imho.

This is precisely the weakness of this addon.

I wanted the head movement when flying... I was very happy with the eye positioning functionality and various camera views of the standard FSX. I didn't care for anymore. And to accomplish the head movement effect, I ended up with an extremely complex software.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest firehawk44

Totally agree Manny. It is an extremely complex program. If it was the only addon for FSX maybe I would have time to memorize all of the capabilities.

Best regards,

Jim

You

This is precisely the weakness of this addon.

I wanted the head movement when flying... I was very happy with the eye positioning functionality and various camera views of the standard FSX. I didn't care for anymore. And to accomplish the head movement effect, I ended up with an extremely complex software.

I think you just need a different software for your specific need, that, unfortunately, does not exist yet. How come EZDOK is to blame you just wanted the head movement when flying? I wanted much more and EZDOK has given all different functionalities I use in FSX.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Edited by Dirk98

Well, you ask for comments - I can tell you without any hesitation that I DO NOT EVER want to be strapped to the wing of any aircraft that flexes as much as that glider in the video. I got dizzy just watching that. When you can bring immersion up to that degree you have accomplished a major step towards "its as real as you can get."

Fantastic job Sir.

Frank

Look this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2GVtGdsXrM&feature=related

In real world the wing of some gliders is bent much more than in FSX.

I strengthened effect for the show.

Very glad you're back. There are a couple of features I'd like to see:

• Ability to recognize all 8 buttons on my hat switch (CH yoke) like FSUIPC and FSX do instead of just 4. I think I can synthesize that by mapping the hat buttons to keys and using FSUIPC to send the keys but it would be nice if it was native.
  • Ability to not have to restart to use World cameras.

I only use the different camera views myself...never used the shaking thing because it seems extreme and sometimes adds to shaking people are building into their own aircraft. Honestly, when I flew RW, I never really noticed the shaking...your mind sort of tunes it out. But, I understand that there are folks that like it. Certainly, it's cool for making movies.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Great to see this project is still alive. I've got EZdok and it's a must-have add-on. Looking forward to 2.0.

Alexander Alonso

You

I think you just need a different software for your specific need, that, unfortunately, does not exist yet. How come EZDOK is to blame you just wanted the head movement when flying? I wanted much more and EZDOK has given all different functionalities I use in FSX.

Thanks,

Dirk.

Cause, it merged two basic and different funtionality into one.. head shake and camera views. In FS9 we had these two in two different products. The head shake was a freeware and the camera walk around was another.

So my issue is, how do I split this atom The other day, I was flying an addon aircraft.. I don't recall which and I accident hit a ..and I had to cycle through the million camera views... many of which was simply bizzare... :)

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter