Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZCA v2 news.

I spend very little time on the effects portion of the program. I have a few setups based on those that come with the program. But you can turn those off.

Luckily, I think the view portion is relatively easy once it's clicked: load up a new plane, open the flight studio, right-click in the views and enter a name, then go back to FSX and use the keys to put yourself at the right position and ta-da.

Getting the keys configured at first is the hardest part but luckily that's a one-time thing. Definitely check out those youtube videos on how to configure the program. Once it's set up, it takes minutes to set up a new plane.

So my issue is, how do I split this atom  The other day, I was flying an addon aircraft.. I don't recall which and I accident hit a ..and I had to cycle through the million camera views... many of which was simply bizzare

Perhaps you should stick to the basics to start off with rather than trying to split the atom :) and learn the Shift A key combo which goes back to the previous camera. Or better yet assign the previous and next view/camera facilities to buttons/hat switches on your joystick.

Cheers, Andy.

Cause, it merged two basic and different funtionality into one.. head shake and camera views. In FS9 we had these two in two different products. The head shake was a freeware and the camera walk around was another.

So my issue is, how do I split this atom The other day, I was flying an addon aircraft.. I don't recall which and I accident hit a ..and I had to cycle through the million camera views... many of which was simply bizzare... :)

I not completely understood about what you speak. But I will try to explain the reason of association of two absolutely different functional products - a shake-up + camera manager.

Long ago in 2008 I decided to write the small utility which allows to walk on FSX space.

Started to study SDK. After some time I wrote WalkCamera which used some possibilities written to SDK. Once I seen total absence of dynamics of the near plan in FSX. In the real fly you not see a shake, but you feel a shake-up by bum. The only way to transfer these feelings to a simmer is a shake the picture before his eyes. So the decision to write to EZCA was made. But only having begun the project I met insuperable difficulties: SDK doesn't provide any information on a name of the current camera, type, class and event of camera change name. Anything, except information except that when you are in a virtual cockpit or out of a cockpit. No more....

How to make jolting effects for FSX cameras without this information I don't know. Shortly - SDK doesn't provide any information concerning names of FSX cameras. Making

effects for FSX cameras is impossible. Project under the threat.

If SDK gave such information - I simply would write effects of cameras and NO any manager.

The unique way out - the external manager of cameras and stick shake effects to EZCA cameras. With manager i know camera name , know type of camera and I can make database of effects. As a result there was a manager as a compulsory measure for the correct work of effects.

I not completely understood about what you speak. But I will try to explain the reason of association of two absolutely different functional products - a shake-up + camera manager.

Long ago in 2008 I decided to write the small utility which allows to walk on FSX space.

Started to study SDK. After some time I wrote WalkCamera which used some possibilities written to SDK. Once I seen total absence of dynamics of the near plan in FSX. In the real fly you not see a shake, but you feel a shake-up by bum. The only way to transfer these feelings to a simmer is a shake the picture before his eyes. So the decision to write to EZCA was made. But only having begun the project I met insuperable difficulties: SDK doesn't provide any information on a name of the current camera, type, class and event of camera change name. Anything, except information except that when you are in a virtual cockpit or out of a cockpit. No more....

How to make jolting effects for FSX cameras without this information I don't know. Shortly - SDK doesn't provide any information concerning names of FSX cameras. Making

If SDK gave such information - I simply would write effects of cameras and NO any manager.

The unique way out - the external manager of cameras and stick shake effects to EZCA cameras. With manager i know camera name , know type of camera and I can make database of effects. As a result there was a manager as a compulsory measure for the correct work of effects.I not completely understood about what you speak. But I will try to explain the reason of association of two absolutely different functional products - a shake-up + camera manager.

The unique way out - the external manager of cameras and stick shake effects to EZCA cameras. With manager i know camera name , know type of camera and I can make database of effects. As a result there was a manager as a compulsory measure for the correct work of effects.

Anyway possibilities to transfer feeling of flight from the screen of the monitor aren't finished. in v2 jolting will be correct on all physics laws. Microsoft made a wonderful world of FSX, but dressed on the head of a simmer a bucket, poured over it concrete and sticked to a seat - the flight without feelings of flight... The feeling of driving on rails is created by Micr.. FSX is not a train simulator.

Another short video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6vtO5KHu5A

I agree with some earlier comments about the cameras. It seems to be a product that does two separate things. I have no use for cameras any more (I don't make videos any more just fly now) and I am sure many others don't either. I am more interested in the shaking effects. Perhaps an option could be added to not install the cameras ?

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Cameras are only installed to default aircraft and its extremely simple to remove them or skip them if you don't want them.

Geez people want to dumb stuff down that much these days, next you'll be wanting the sim to do the whole flight from start up to shut down without touching the PC :LMAO:

Cheers, Andy.

I agree with some earlier comments about the cameras. It seems to be a product that does two separate things. I have no use for cameras any more (I don't make videos any more just fly now) and I am sure many others don't either. I am more interested in the shaking effects. Perhaps an option could be added to not install the cameras ?

I explained the reason on which it is impossible to set effects on the cameras FSX. An external application can't know what the camera you selected. For this reason an external application such as EZCA or any other can't apply the necessary algorithm of jolting to this camera. I can make one effect for all cameras. But jolting on a wing will be same as jolting in the virtual cabin. Sorry but I do not understand value of such addon.

Are you guys actually complaining that EZCA offers too many features? I know that can't possibly be what I'm reading here.

Enjoy the product, and please keep your mouths shut before Marniftarr gets the idea that he's giving you too much value for your money! :rolleyes:

Can't wait for the release! That wing view setting I think will end up in a lot of YouTube videos. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great program but I second Gregg's comments above:

• Ability to recognize all 8 buttons on my hat switch (CH yoke).
  • Ability to not have to restart to use World cameras

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I love EZCA and I can't wait for V2.

I know one of the issues mentioned was the GUI. IMHO, I wouldn't mess with the camera creation process too much. Once I I figured it out, it was pretty easy to add internal/external cameras to any aircraft.

I am using one of the older versions so I am not sure if this already exists but I would like the ability to import all cameras from another aircraft with one click.

I think my biggest issue is with the GUI is the language for the effects. The terms used to describe the functions are too jargonistic. I have a masters degree and terms like "head resonance" and "release time for all G-Forces impulses" mean little to me. Please use plain language to describe functions.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Will V2 work with Freetrack head tracking software?

V1 does, for about 15 minutes, then crashes, and the Freetrack community hasn't been able to find a solution.

I know many people who will purchase V2 if this gets fixed.

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Marniftarr,

1) Your product absolutely rules. Please ignore anybody telling you they don't need cameras!! we ALL need cameras :smile: Please don not take any features out, only add them in!

2) I'm so glad you are ok and that you are working on V2 still. I heard that you may have been unwell and that V2 may "never" come.

3) Great video!

4) Some small suggestions; a better manual :smile: Native P3d support; better and more flexible assignments for views and cameras; some control over the way cameras act with models (large bites when moving in to models from ClipMode=minimum)

All in all very excited that V2 is on its way!!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Is V2 still planned to be a free upgrade for recent 1.17 purchasers?

Marniftarr has explained why it must have cameras and effects together - it is an FSX limitation.

No cameras = no effects, because the SDK does not show which camera unless you create your own cameras.

I think it's already excellent, and a full featured product. Removing features is not a good idea - better to learn enough about the product and just skip those parts you don't want to tweak. If you don't want much fancy vibrations, just leave them on default settings or export/import a default plane.

Yes you may have some trouble setting up, but once going through the manuals it's all there and can be done as long as you follow the instructions. I was able to set mine up without referring to any videos, I just made sure to allocate a block of time to get it done. That's the key really, it's a function of time. But once you've done it, it's done for good.

If you're having trouble, you can try other people's cameras or effects and adjust them. Just import complete camera sets and move/rename/delete the individual cameras to suit yourself. Even if it's for a different plane you can still import them and adjust them. I just exported my RND vibration sets to go with the cameras I shared, and there are also some other profiles out there.

If anyone is having trouble with the head movements I suggest you just do this:

1. Use the new RND profiles I created using the manual (ultralight, light, medium and heavy planes) - just refer to the optional folder in this zip: https://dl.dropbox.c...ZCA Cameras.zip

2. Use the DHM export that is provided for free by Chris Palmer at Angle of Attack:http://www.flyaoamedia.com/737/737ngx-ez-camera-setup/

(Even though his profile is for the NGX - the DHM movement adjusts to the plane, so you can really use that DHM profile for any plane)

3. For the "CR" camera resonance - just ignore that if you're having trouble. It's only important for making videos. It's for external cameras attached to the plane e.g end of the wing.