Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZCA v2 news.

Hi Kludger

To get around the world camera, don't assign to next/prev camera set. Just assign to the first view in cockpit and external.

Eg my hat switch on my throttle I have left is first cockpit view, right is first external, up and down cycle views within.

Only downside is you have to make this assignment on every plane profile.

Then if you want world camera just assign some other button or key to it.

That's a great idea DanW, I had noticed that joystick button assignment on the first outside view of your camera sets but I did not realize the significance of it.

Thanks I will give this a try, sounds like just the workaround I needed.

--John near KPAE

Even when the little 'C' box is disabled it will cycle next category there and cause scenery/texture reloads if the last time I set a world camera it was in some other part of the world. If I missed some other way to disable this accidental scenery/texture mess please let me know.

The worldcam camera list excluded from cycle now. If you press "Next category" button , you will switch cameras between VC and Aircraft lists only. If you call any worldcam camera , you can use cycle switching ("next camera") between worldcam cameras inside worldcam list.

Geez people want to dumb stuff down that much these days, next you'll be wanting the sim to do the whole flight from start up to shut down without touching the PC

Yeah it's so easy that there are tons of tutorials to TRY to make it work the way the end user wants. :rolleyes:

I like the program and want to use it properly. It may be easy for you but not everyone. I hope v2 addresses the people like myself who is the "lowest common denominator".

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

The worldcam camera list excluded from cycle now. If you press "Next category" button , you will switch cameras between VC and Aircraft lists only. If you call any worldcam camera , you can use cycle switching ("next camera") between worldcam cameras inside worldcam list.

Excellent, that is a great enhancement, I look forward to V2!

--John near KPAE

It would be great if it was possible to select which button I want to use for mouselook. Its a problem having it hardcoded to middle mouse button, because the middle mouse button is used for other things in some aircraft

vatsim s3

1133704.png

It would be great if it was possible to select which button I want to use for mouselook. Its a problem having it hardcoded to middle mouse button, because the middle mouse button is used for other things in some aircraft

Agreed, especially since most mice have 5 or more buttons these days

Here's one feature that I think the tool really could use: a finer control on camera adjustments. I use EZDoc to control my eyepoint but I find that it jumps past where I want my eye to be so I have to edit my aircraft.cfg file to move it up/down the rest of the way. For eye point adjustment you need adjustments to be about a half inch or so.

Maybe an option for fast and slow or a rate of change. It would be very helpful.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

There already is an option to change the size of the camera movement steps, it is in the manual AFAIR.

Cheers, Andy.

Here's one feature that I think the tool really could use: a finer control on camera adjustments. I use EZDoc to control my eyepoint but I find that it jumps past where I want my eye to be so I have to edit my aircraft.cfg file to move it up/down the rest of the way. For eye point adjustment you need adjustments to be about a half inch or so.

Maybe an option for fast and slow or a rate of change. It would be very helpful.

You should be able to set the exact views you want with the current version. Make sure the camera you're wanting to set has the POV highlighted green. Then use the arrow and page up and down keys first, then fine tune with your mouse. Hit #2 to edit, and #2 again to set.

One slight annoyance when using EZDOK with TrackIR for me has been, when I pause TrackIR, EZDOK automatically takes the view back to centre rather than allowing the camera to stay where the view was. Before using EZDOC, I was able to turn my head to a panel, say the radios, pause the camera from TrackIR, look through my charts for the value I needed and enter it. Now I have to pause TrackIR first and then move the view by hatswitch (which does stay in EZDOK).

I appreciate I could set up a camera for for the panel, but I like to have minimal amount of cameras in the VC and use TrackIR to move around instead. This does however cause problems in some more akward positions. Not sure if this is a problem with interfacing with TrackIR or if it was something that could be updated in EZDOK, but I thought it would be worth mentioning nevertheless.

Great program and like others I wouldn't want to fly without it now, so many thanks for all your work so far!

One slight annoyance when using EZDOK with TrackIR for me has been, when I pause TrackIR, EZDOK automatically takes the view back to centre rather than allowing the camera to stay where the view was

There is an option to stop it doing that too, I think you right click on the TIR button and there are some options to change, one of which is to stop EZ from resetting the view after pausing TIR or it losing track of the head tracking device, you can disable it altogether or change the time allowed to pass before it does reset the view.

Cheers, Andy.

Ah, excellent. I'll have to have a look for that later.

Thanks for that!

There already is an option to change the size of the camera movement steps, it is in the manual AFAIR.

Ok...I found it under menu->General Settings under Virtual Cockpit Keyboard Speed. I turned it down and the adjustment size is more practical. Thanks for pointing it out.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Shame the new EZCA wingflex won't really look good on the pmdg 737,

The animations are to jagged and low in performance.

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

V2 is not dead. that's a good news.

It's been a veryyyyyy long wait since your last thread in a forum.

Just hope that this is not a simple "hello" and "adios". That this time you will manage somehow to release this long waited V2

I will be glad paying for an upgrade to V2. Even paying the full soft again if it can motivate to develop on this software.

Wait and See.