Sign in to follow this  
Marniftarr

EZCA v2 news.

I would give this a try if it could be divorced from the weather engine.  While i like EZDok it's got the most idiosyncratic setup process it's possible to make.

It can be, in fact they should just start selling the camera addon on it's own. I used EZCA for years, but it  was never stable enough for my likes.

It can be, in fact they should just start selling the camera addon on it's own

Yep i agree, i would give it a try.  I am sure that the weather engine is very good, but i'm an ASN user and don't see the need to change at the moment and can't really justify purchasing the complete package.

Ian R Tyldesley

Creating and modifying EZCA cameras, with all shake effects, is the easiest thing I can imagine. It only demands a few minutes of tweaking, well, when you know what you are doing. :) Learned all the effects and stuff via experimenting, trial and error. Never watched any tutorial.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Hi, everybody.

The EZCA v2 project approaches to completing blueprint stage after a big pause. Before release I want to show new effect (the camera is attached to a flexible wing). It will be possible to feel all dynamics of behavior of the airplane during flight. (only on those models airplanes on which wing bending is provided). The effect will be switched on in the new version as a part of a new physical engine.

Look this:

I ask to evaluate working of this effect and speak any impressions. I will listen to any criticism.

The effect is strengthened for demonstration.

Not all.

Besides other, in the new version the algorithm of shaking is completely remade. Now it is not irritating static effect of a shake of the camera, now effect depending by a state of environment and depending by a manner of piloting of the plane. For example at excess of critical angles of attack at great speed the plane will shake and it can be seen.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:27 AM

Now I would have thought after all this time that SOMEONE would have the decency to confirm whether this program has a future or not?

Dave Taylor gb.png

You would also think some people would know when the horse is dead!!!!

Cheers, Andy.

There was a post buried  somewhere in the official forums, that Marniftar has/had some very serious medical issues.  

Well for what it's worth, I have had many problems using this software and I've boiled it down to the updates version 1.16 and 1.17!

Clearing it all out I reinstalled just version 1.15 and it works sweetly all of the time.  It's my impression that a program that was made when we were all using XP is not fully compatible with W7 x64 but the original file IS okay.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Well for what it's worth, I have had many problems using this software and I've boiled it down to the updates version 1.16 and 1.17!

Clearing it all out I reinstalled just version 1.15 and it works sweetly all of the time.  It's my impression that a program that was made when we were all using XP is not fully compatible with W7 x64 but the original file IS okay.

Many people are using the last version of Ezca on W7 64 with no incompatibilities to report.

EZDok came out after Windows 7 shipped, about 6 months after and has always been fully compatible with Windows 7 since EZDok left beta stage.

Cheers, Andy.

Yeah, I don't think there are any OS compatibility problems, but I do think there are more problems with versions .16 and .17. .15 was the last version that worked without problems for me.

What problems are you all having with 1.17? Running the same version with no issues over here.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Running 1.7 here on W764 with FSX without issues, also running on P3Dv2.2  using the updated exe from the Ezdok forum.

Under P3D I had to change HotKeySelect=1 to HotKeySelect=0 in \AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Cameras.CFG,

as there was a slight flash from the scenery when I changed internal views, I now have no external views but I never used them anyway

[CameraDefinition.002]

Title = Virtual Cockpit

HotKeySelect=0

Thanks for pointing out the flash issue. I experienced that one too and could only recall it has something to do with identical key mapping, but wasn't sure what so I ended up assuming it's a bug. Great then! guess that solves it! :)

You can regain external views, they work perfectly in P3D. The only thing I'm not sure about, is whether the world cam works... maybe someone can confirm?

What problems are you all having with 1.17? Running the same version with no issues over here.

.16 and .17 both cause CTD at times. They also cause errors when closing FSX.

• Upvote 1

Try this: ezdok config -> options -> registry components. That could possibly fix your problem.