Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Great News! The best are getting better :-)

Oh boy I can't wait to see how Rob (Comanche) responds to this news!! :biggrin:

It will undoubtedly be another "masterpiece" from A2A.

Hm, I have no idea where the "Develops a twin and a single" came from. I just PM'd Miguel at SimMarket.

The announcement we made was "A2A Simulations forms sister company, Aviation Review, and purchases a corporate aircraft"

This Comanche is part one of a larger picture which we will start to lay out in more detail shortly. After 30 hours in this plane, I can see why Comanche owners are fanatical about their plane. The Comanche has almost no vices. It has a laminar flow wing with nice ailerons, so it handles like a little fighter. It can comfortably carry four adults, 90 gallons of fuel, and still have room for baggage and can fly for over 6 hours. You can cruise as low as 19" @1900RPM and still see 130mph ias at 11-12k, which usually translates to about 160mph ground speed at just under 10gph. It's also nice and quiet at that RPM. Here's a shot:

12.jpg

Already, we have a load of new ideas for the Accu-Sim maintenance hangar.

Scott.

Hey Scott, can I just personally congratulate you and your team fir the incredible work you've done with accusim. I've been a long time Xplaner, but with planes like your Cub and Spitfire, plus the 'feely' program, FSX is like a new sim.

I recently 'gorged' on fsx stuff in my article here, i'm like a kid in a candy shop. Keep up the great work!

http://xsimreviews.com/2012/08/05/fsx-alert/

God I'd love to see that F-4 out first :-)

I'm not complaining or anything, I just had no idea payware developers made that much money where they can buy a nice plane like that.

Congrats on the new plane! I'll be buying a Cessna Mustang when I win the lottery.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Haha, but he hasn't had it serviced yet I bet! 'what, it doesn't have an engine?!'. You can buy anything on eBay nowadays :-)

I'm not complaining or anything, I just had no idea payware developers made that much money where they can buy a nice plane like that.

I doubt it is from the sale of FS addons. You've got to remember, a lot of developers have careers outside of sim development and just develope as a paying or non-paying hobby. Some of these guys could already be wealthy or make big bucks at their day jobs.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's all a matter of priorities.

When I was in my 20’s, I saw many people driving around in nice cars. I chose to live in a small apartment and drive a cheap car so I could afford to buy an airplane. If you could choose between a small aircraft or a new car, what would you choose? For me personally, it’s a no brainer.

Airplanes are however usually expensive to maintain, but they don’t have to be. Again, it depends on your priorities. There are a lot of things an owner can do to keep costs under control. For one, as the owner, nothing is stopping you from taking out the maintenance manuals and inspecting every part of the aircraft and organizing all the work that is required to do for your mechanic. You can also perform much of the maintenance yourself, as long as you have an A&P mechanic or IA insures that the work was done correctly. Here is the way it is written in the regulations:

"A person working under the supervision of a holder of a mechanic or repairman certificate may perform the maintenance, preventive maintenance, and alterations that his supervisor is authorized to perform, if the supervisor personally observes the work being done to the extent necessary to ensure that it is being done properly, and if the supervisor is readily available, in person, for consultation."

I take this further than saving money, but rather to insure the aircraft in properly maintained. Nobody cares more about the condition of the aircraft than those who are flying it. Plus legally, the owner is ultimately responsible for the condition of the aircraft, not the mechanic. To give an example:

We bought this Comanche fresh out of its annual inspection, but shortly after buying the plane, we lost one of the electric fuel pumps. Now, what is interesting is, this aircraft has TWO electric fuel pumps. We thought, “What are the chances we lost both pumps in the past few days?” The answer is almost nil. I also remember the sound the pump made; it was the sound of a single “brrrrrrrr.” We ended up replacing the pumps ourselves and had it inspected and written off. Here are some picts:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Now, every time we do the fuel pump test prior to startup, I hear a nice little chorus of two pumps purring. Doing the pre-flight inspection of the engine bay, I always pass by these and other fuel lines for signs of leaks.

It’s also very different being an aircraft owner post-Accu-Sim. Rob and I have spent a great deal of time digging through maintenance manuals and simulating all these systems. It’s also very different from reading a flight report or even mounting cameras in planes, than to live with an aircraft.

This Lycoming, for example, is so easy to start when it’s cold. Five primer strokes, throttle back, just a few turns of the prop and broooom. But after it is warm, it can be pretty finicky . I am currently now learning why because every time this engine cranks over without starting, I am feeling it in my gut (or wallet). This kind of stuff ends up in Accu-Sim.

Scott.

On the OT, I am sorry that this was a no-event :-(

This morning when I posted the link to simflight's site I was really convinced some sort of GA aircraft (apart from the Cub...) were going to be developed by A2A...

Sorry :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's awesome Scott! And that's right, buying an airplane is the easy part, it's all that maintenance that really adds up, it's good that you're slashing costs by taking an active role in it. Would love to see some more pictures of her when you get them on your website.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD