Sign in to follow this  
N1G

Another simconnect question

Hi,

I reinstalled FSX on a new drive and I am looking at my simconnect.xml file on the fsx machine and I think everything is correct but I can no longer run ase. Nothing changed on the client. The simconnect.xml file I created uses the ip address of the fsx machine and port 500. Is there another simconnect file maybe simconnect.cfg supposed to be somewhere? You would think after all these years I would get this right every time.

Thanks

Bob

Have you installed the simconnect SDK.? You will find the simconnect.xml there in the example folder. It then needs to be placed in the appdata FSX folder with the correct info in it.

Are you saying I need to install the SDK on the FSX machine?

Bob

Are you saying I need to install the SDK on the FSX machine?

Without going into a whole bunch of detail. If you have ASE, documentation has a very good explanation on how to exactly setup simconnect and test it? Yes it has to be installed on the FSX machine.

Again, nothing changed on my two client machines. I did not run the SDK on the FSX machine. Do you need to run the SDK setup on the FSX machine?

Thanks

Bob

As long as the simconnect .xml is in the proper FSX folder it should work. Have you enabled the sharing correctly and is the firewall allowing the port?

Ahhhh... sharing. That could be it. I will give it a shot.

Thanks

Bob

Nope that did not do it.

My simconnect.xml file is in "Users\Bob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

Port 500

The ip address is my FSX machine.

Geez, what could it be?

Bob

Now this does not make sense to me. I reinstalled FSUIPC and now it works, but I am using simconnect not FSUIPC. I think the more I fiddle with things the dumber I get.

Bob