Sign in to follow this  
FlyingAxx

Problem with Saitek rudder peddals (Chessna) when loading stored flight

Recently I replaced my aged CH gear by Saitek yoke and peddals and now I do have problems when loading a stored flight (any!) with my PMDG 737-xxx. Each time afer loading, the rudder is fully deflected to the right and does not react at all to any command. If I'm loading it by creating a new flight, there is no problem at all, the problem returns when I reload it the next time. Of course everything works fine when changing to any other aircraft.

And yes, I did load the latest Saitek drivers. I furthermore tried it out with and without the programming software package, there is no change. Yoke and all other functions are working without problems.

Probably I missed something in the forum. I did see many other Saitek related theads but nothing about this fault.

Are there any ideas?

Regards,
Axel

try unpluging the rudders and then pluging back in. (CH and saitek don't like working together so you may have to choose one over the other.

or re-install windows that would most deffenitly fix the problem, but i don't like that idea that.

Recently I replaced my aged CH gear by Saitek yoke and peddals and now I do have problems when loading a stored flight (any!) with my PMDG 737-xxx. Each time afer loading, the rudder is fully deflected to the right and does not react at all to any command. If I'm loading it by creating a new flight, there is no problem at all, the problem returns when I reload it the next time. Of course everything works fine when changing to any other aircraft.

And yes, I did load the latest Saitek drivers. I furthermore tried it out with and without the programming software package, there is no change. Yoke and all other functions are working without problems.

Probably I missed something in the forum. I did see many other Saitek related theads but nothing about this fault.

Are there any ideas?

Have you checked rudder trim? ^_^ Seriously, check rudder trim. I also suggest getting rid of that saved panel state and starting over. Else you'll have to reset rudder trim before every flight.

try unpluging the rudders and then pluging back in. (CH and saitek don't like working together so you may have to choose one over the other.

or re-install windows that would most deffenitly fix the problem, but i don't like that idea that.

Never heard of that^. CH Pedals and a Saitek Pro Yoke here.

Reinstalling Windows is a bit extreme, don't you think?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Try using FSUIPC to Calibrate them...works better than FSX handling controllers.

Steve Giblin

Try using FSUIPC to Calibrate them...works better than FSX handling controllers.

There is an issue with some panel states having trim to one side. Using FSUIPC for brakes can cause autobrake disarm issues on the CH Pedals. Just a heads up.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Never heard of that^. CH Pedals and a Saitek Pro Yoke here.

Reinstalling Windows is a bit extreme, don't you think?

i would do any thing for flight sim. when i brought rex it failed to install properly so i re installed windows fixed it.

As for the unplugging of the yoke and rudders i had the same problem with different hardware. and the unplug then plug back in and restart fsx works. for me

Okay guys,

Thank all of you for the answers. The ony thing I won't do is to re-install Windows. And yes, I unplugged both controllers and it did not help. And I surely will check rudder trim (when being home again) even if I'm quite sure I did. A new profile did not help as I described already in my original post. However, the discussion here gave me the idea to clean my fsx.cfg as I'm sure that the Saitek entries have been just added and did not replace the old ones of CH.

Regards,
Axel

Have you checked rudder trim? ^_^ Seriously, check rudder trim.

Zach, thanks for the insistent suggestion. It has been the rudder trim, indeed.

I am quite sure that I checked it but I did not realise that my settings are just triggering a single step even when holding the knob down. The result was just a very small incremental approach - not really visible at the beginning (and I did not take care for the indicator). However, there seems to be an issue nonetheless as I had created a new flight. Just after firing up the Sim it did not show a rudder deflection but then I got the same trouble after reloading it. Now, even this effect disappeared.

Regards,
Axel