Sign in to follow this  
ghbick

Trouble with Navigation Display Lining Up Correctly

I am having several issues with my ND not correctly (or I think so) displaying my route. I am taking off in Phoenix, AZ and flying to Las Vegas, NV. In the first picture I am in the PLN screen, and as you can see, my intersections (PRINO, LARRE, SHAND, and RELIN) in the localizer are not even lined up with the runway (ILS 25L). I am sitting on the runway in Phoenix, and 25L is at destination in Las Vegas.

In the next picture while enroute you can see that the flight path is not straight ahead (or up), but about 7 to 10 degrees to the right. This is always the way my ND works.

Here in the next picture I am getting close to the final destionation (runway 25L) and you can see that I'm following the route, but the route is not lined up.

In the next picture I took away the panel so you can see where I actually touched down. I left it in auto-land, was locked in to the localizer, and ended up landing to the right of the runway.\

I have ifly's 737 on my system and can program that FMC and auto land all day long and be lined up and on the runway every time. I must be missing something. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated; and thanks!!!

:help: :good:

Gary

I suspect your registry has some duff entries .... its a well-known issue & your symptoms look exactly as they have for many others..

d/l & run this:

http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library

then do a full reboot of the FS Computer & see if the problem persists & get back to us.

The MAGDEC changes outlined above are a nice to have but not essential to successful operation.

Good Luck

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

No luck. I tried both fixes listed above and get no changes whatsoever. I did notice though, that everything lines up OK at the departure airport, it is just the ILS and the intersection points in the ILS path (as in the Las Vegas picture; the (PRINO, LARRE, SHAND, and RELIN) points are not lined up in the ILS path and the runway. I also tried other airports as a destination, and get the same results. Don't know if it means anything or not, but the angle that the ILS intersection points are off from the runway seems to be about the same angle as the angle that the flight path is off of heads up when enroute.

I do not run any other navigation progroms, and this was a clean install about a week or so ago. Also, I've been loading the FMC manually, and manually checking all my SID, STAR, and ILS charts to make sure everything is correct. Again, thanks ahead for any suggestions and/or help.

Gary

After messing around with the two fixes above I think I finally have it. I kept searching in old posts, and somewhere I saw it say to run that registry repair tool from flight1 in the "Run as administator mode". I tried that, and believe it now works. When I tried it, I used the 747 freighter version, and hope its the same as the regular passenger version. Time will tell, but it sure was nice to make the flight and have everything working OK. Thanks again!!!

:yahoo: :p0504:

Gary

Great news...I should have added the bit about running the flight one software as admin along with the linky but glad which ever fix it was that you seem to have things sorted at your end.

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'